1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Distinguished Member

doh I meant 405.

2. imolazhp_ci

imolazhp_ci Senior Member

agreed.

3. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Distinguished Member

4. Teger

Teger Stylish Dinosaur

5. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Distinguished Member

[​IMG] My so-called friend who is also a girl said she was just moving my boots for some unfathomable reason and inadvertently put a scratch in the upper. No biggie. She wanted to apologize profusely, but couldn't because she's got other issues. The appropriate sanction is death of course. Short of that has anyone been able to train their significant other to properly buff shell cordovan shoes? :)

Last edited: May 9, 2013

6. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Distinguished Member

1) Copped a pair of suede chukkas in snuff... Leydon, 10E. Length is great, they feel a tad snug on the width, but they will give as they are unlined. I thought about snuff longwings but my natty CXL longwings fill that role. Done with suede for this year.

2) Alden MA charged my credit card, which means my ravello tassel restoration must be done. I hope they get shipped soon. I will post pictures. I am curious to see what color they end up, they were pretty dark to begin with

3) Decided against the tobacco chamois wingtip boots as I prefer a commando sole for that style of boot

4) Alden NYC is claiming they won't get any new rare cordovan in a year and that Is becoming more difficult to source hides for color 8. Some of that may be hyperbole but who knows

7. Waterloo 360T

Waterloo 360T Well-Known Member

I heard he won it in a poker game from Al Gore.

8. Numbernine

Numbernine Distinguished Member

This is a sad choice of words especially in light of the fact that the strength of ones denial that they are being influenced is directly proportional to the to the actual strength of that influence or as Shakespeare put it "methinks you doth protest too much" or as my kids say " calling me one makes you one too".Calling someones decision making process "pitiful and juvenile " while implying that yours is somehow superior when they only differ in context but not at all in substance indicates a narrow and self centered way of relating to your fellow man.To each his own indeed

9. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Distinguished Member

On the discussion of celebrities, people post photos of and borrow from "style icons" all the time... On this forum, in blog, in magazines, etc. Real (Cary Grant, JFK), fictional (Don Draper), whatever. Not a big deal

10. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Distinguished Member

My girlfriend is well aware of my obsessive nature regarding my Aldens she knows not to touch them for any reason. I am reasonable with most aspects of cohabitation. As long as she doesn't touch my shoes we are good.

11. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Distinguished Member

Alden NY told me the same thing. I really don't see much shell anywhere. I'm curious as to how it seems to be that AE has plenty of models in shell?

12. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Distinguished Member

This requires a good boning.

13. phototristan

phototristan Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

14. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

Wear in good health.

15. totalair1

totalair1 Senior Member

Enough said...can we get back to specifically discussing Alden shoes, cordovan shortages, last sizes and stuff related to our feet instead of war of the words?

See Ya,
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.