***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Or is that Sting? :D

2. poena

poena Senior member

Blue in Green is great! I've spent a good amount of money. More than I'd like to admit.

3. Superix

Superix Member

Actually it is the opposite. My right foot is bigger that the left. Anyway, it is a relief that it is not something that happens only to me [​IMG]

4. Superix

Superix Member

That's good news [​IMG]. Anyway, I have the impression that the leather for each shoe came from different cordovan lot or more specifically from different animal. I also feel that the leather to the left shoe (with the most creases) is much softer that the right one. On the other head it may be my false impression.

5. Superix

Superix Member

That's good news [​IMG]. Anyway, I have the impression that the leather for each shoe came from different cordovan lot or more specifically from different animal. I also feel that the leather to the left shoe (with the most creases) is much softer that the right one. On the other head it may be my false impression.

6. Superix

Superix Member

Thanks. I also believe that that this is the main problem. In combination with the fact that the leather for each shoe came from different cordovan lot.

7. Superix

Superix Member

Five pairs! ... I am jealous!! What would you be your suggestion for my second pair?

8. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

I have a pair on preorder. Hoefully they will come in this month. I think they were originally expecting them in April.

I have really been into the suede makeups lately. Purchased the snuff suede perforated cap toe and blue suede regular cap toe from TSM and also have a six eyelet dark brown chukka on the plaza on preorder from J Gilbert.

Hoping LS does another run of their dark brown suede plaza cap toe and I think I will be done with suede.

9. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

10. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Color 8 LWB (you probably won't be able to find any other shell color other than black at this point)

Last edited: May 9, 2013

11. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Maybe if you pay overseas prices. Nice shoes everyone (including Mr. Beckham)!

12. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Hopefully Safari boots will come soon to LS. This is going to be my first suede makeup + first Plaza last boots. I also have color 8 captoe (blind eyelets) boots plaza last on order from them.

Last edited: May 9, 2013

13. Joshua Lee

Joshua Lee Senior member

14. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

I completely agree. I get quite annoyed with the celebrity worship that is so common out there. It's quite lost on me. I enjoy a good movie or tv show as much as the next guy, but why would I idolize a person who can act like some professional that they are not? People see a police officer every day, and could care less. But... some guy can act like he is a police officer on CSI!!! He's sooo coool!!! [​IMG]
    I don't think Bakes is missing the point that putting products on celebrities makes them sell. He is saying that it is dumb that people buy products because a celebrity is wearing them. It is a completely arbitrary trait that is present in most people, that they latch onto some idol, and saavy advertisers take advantage of it to sell products. Everyone knows that sex sells. Does it make sense to buy cigarettes just because a sexy bikini-clad woman is smoking them? Not at all. But, it works, so they use it.

15. sazon

sazon Senior member

Patrick B : great pick-up on the Cigar PTB. A classic indeed. Wear in superb health and spirits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.