***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shasta

shasta Senior member

Kopped today - so crispy! Unlined Penny Flex Welt in Tan Suede [​IMG]

2. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

Kopped today - so crispy!

Unlined Penny Flex Welt in Snuff Suede

FIFY.

Very nice. Enjoy wearing.

3. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

[​IMG] Alden Roy boot for Context in Horween Chromexcel

4. videocrew

videocrew Senior member

^^ Amazing. I need to start treating my chromexcel indys a lot worse. Chromexcel looks stunning beat up.

5. Mr. Moo

^^ Amazing. I need to start treating my chromexcel indys a lot worse. Chromexcel looks stunning beat up.

Definitely. And I've only had these for a week or so. [​IMG]

6. saracen

saracen Well-Known Member

Alden of Carmel seems to have LWB in whiskey, cigar, and ravello. Looks like prices went up (ravello and whiskey) as well. $675 now.

7. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

[​IMG] Alden Indy "tobacco chamois" for shoemart. Happy with how they look and fit, but disappointed with the water resistance -- or lack of. Didn't realize this kind of oiled nubuck soaks water instead of repelling it.

8. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Fantastic!
    Cigar shell longwings
    Great versatile shoes. I am surprised you have a pair from the other shoe postings I have seen from you such as Doc Marten but you seem to have a broad aesthetic.
    Came in the mail today. My first pair of cordovan!
    Great choice. Very versatile.
    Kopped today - so crispy!

Unlined Penny Flex Welt in Tan Suede

OK, This is a shoe I would never have considered but I love it. I need to get a pair. Very, very nice.
    Alden Roy boot for Context in Horween Chromexcel

I agree. Great boots Mr. Moo!
    Alden of Carmel seems to have LWB in whiskey, cigar, and ravello. Looks like prices went up (ravello and whiskey) as well. $675 now.
    Thank you for the heads up. I would urge anyone considering this to get Ravello and Cigar before whiskey as they are both much more versatile.
    Alden Indy "tobacco chamois" for shoemart.

Happy with how they look and fit, but disappointed with the water resistance -- or lack of. Didn't realize this kind of oiled nubuck soaks water instead of repelling it.

Sorry to hear about the water resistance but they look absolutely fabulous. You should call whoever you purchased them from and find out if they are supposed to be water proof or if you can treat them?

9. saracen

saracen Well-Known Member

Thank you for the heads up. I would urge anyone considering this to get Ravello and Cigar before whiskey as they are both much more versatile.

I agree, but those Whiskeys are oh so nice!

10. obiter dictum

Fantastic!
    Sorry to hear about the water resistance but they look absolutely fabulous. You should call whoever you purchased them from and find out if they are supposed to be water proof or if you can treat them?

Thanks, it isn't really a big issue. I might try using some sno-seal on them, but I'll probably just leave them for wearing on reasonably dry days.

11. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

I like those tobacco chamois indys a lot -- considering grabbing a pair. Is the leather pretty tough? How do you think it will hold up compared to the more standard 405 or 403?

12. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Fantastic!

Great versatile shoes. I am surprised you have a pair from the other shoe postings I have seen from you such as Doc Marten but you seem to have a broad aesthetic.

Great choice. Very versatile.

OK, This is a shoe I would never have considered but I love it. I need to get a pair. Very, very nice.

I agree. Great boots Mr. Moo!

thank you

13. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    burgundy chukkas

14. Mr. Moo

[​IMG] burgundy chukkas
    You have a great collections of Aldens, and an equally horrifying collection of socks.

15. obiter dictum

I like those tobacco chamois indys a lot -- considering grabbing a pair. Is the leather pretty tough? How do you think it will hold up compared to the more standard 405 or 403?
    Seems reasonably tough, definitely lower maintenance than standard indy's. Don't know how they'll fare over time though, only had them for about a month. To clarify on the water resistance: You don't instantly get wet when walking around in the rain -- for just "normal" rain in the city they'll hold up just fine. My socks got wet in the toe after hiking through tall wet grass for about an hour.
    You have a great collections of Aldens, and an equally horrifying collection of socks.
    Second that. Amazing shoes, clashing socks. I guess it's a matter of taste though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.