***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I actually own a few whiskey models, and the LWB happens to be one of them. I have also sold a few whiskey models in the last year or so. Truth be told, I will probably never buy whiskey again unless it is an Indy boot or an NST boot. I just personally prefer the other shell colors, even black. Frankly, I would probably even entertain a sale or swap of the LWB if the offer was right. Who knows? i have considered selling them to a coworker. It's a unique shoe, but I very seldom wear it.

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

Black Fleece had a reddish brown shiny calf one, similar to the RL shell loafer. By C&J. Really nice pair, my Dad almost bought it.

3. Renalan

Renalan Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Before is with paste wax and a lot of brushing. After is with a spoon, rubbing back and forth till the mark was less visible, paste wax directly at the blemish, a lot of brushing and then saphir MDO, brushing and buffing the whole shoe.

4. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

Or time for a new gf ! :devil: :sly:

5. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

Not a bad job actually. Well done man!

6. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

that's unfortunate. you're right, Minneapolis doesn't have much in the way of Alden. I know of only two haberdasheries in town that carry Alden and that's it. for what it's worth I've found that using a Brannock Device was helpful. I measure a 9D on a Brannock Device and wear a 9D on the Alden Hampton last and they're a perfect fit. Of course, your only other option would be to check out the physical stores that carry Alden and try their shoes on

7. katch

katch Senior member

Don't think it's the Barrie. I feel like it's closer to my TTS. I am thinking it may be Grant last, but also saw a post where someone thought it was the Plaza last. I don't have much experience with the Plaza though.

Thanks for the input.

8. CalceoAdamator

CalceoAdamator Senior member

In addition to a deer bone, I have also used a sleeking bone (in place of or with the spoon method).:: You can pick one up here: http://www.abbeyhorn.co.uk/buy/snake-headed-sleeking-bone_176.htm

9. CalceoAdamator

CalceoAdamator Senior member

The Tassels are on the Aberdeen Last, so if you wear a Barrie size 9, then on this last you would likely need a 9.5.... The Aberdeen also tends to run a bit narrower (at least for me) so going from a D to an E will give you a little extra room, but they may be a bit short on the length...

10. Don L

Don L Senior member

Ravello LWB
    Marcoliani OTC
    EP Walt

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  11. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ outstanding, love those beefy cuffs on your Walts

12. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

No way is it Plaza.

13. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Just out of curiousity, but are you still very new to wearing high end shoes? I ask because it is not unusual for people (I was the same way) to subconsiously alter their gait when you are new to putting such expensive shoes on. Eventually you get over it, or you may have to force yourself to get over it through intentional effort (which is what I had to do). I just remember that I walked more stiffly when I first got into wearing high end shoes because I thought that I was somehow wearing the shoes more gently, and I was trying too hard to keep myself from stubbing the toes or dragging the heels/soles on concrete. By trying to keep my shoes from excessive wear, I was actually only delaying the inevitable, but I was experiencing sore joints by the end of the day. I'm not saying that you aren't experiencing legitimate fit issues that are causing discomfort, but it's just food for thought before you do anything rash.

14. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Absolutely gorgeous Don L! Ravello LWB's with argyles and French blue slacks are a great combo. It's one of the few looks where I would consider wearing a pink shirt or tie just because of the subtle red tones in Ravello. Way to give the duds a little something on a Monday morning.

15. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Great combo donl. Is that merino or cashmere-silk blend on the socks? I also wonder how many alden fans are big ep fans....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.