• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speaking of kudu.... here's to hoping that modified last order comes through this year
smile.gif

Last edited:

100 yrs

Reaction score
finally got aboard - maiden voyage of my #8 chukka ... I can't stop looking at them today. I'm normally an 11E in an AE 5 last, and went with a 10.5E on these (was fitted in the NYC Alden store). Do these require a bit of a break in period? I'm not used to shell, and they seem a bit stiff, but are modestly comfortable. I'm assuming once I sink into the cork bed it should feel roomier. well, enough talk i guess, here's a crappy shot I took this morning:
welcome to the forum. i think if i was starting over, i'd probably get a #8 shell chukka, something in suede, and a captoe boot. given my current wardrobe needs those would cover me 90% of the time.

Last edited:

aldenfan

Reaction score
Haven't posted much, but I thought maybe you all would like this.... 25% off all Alden (including cordovan) using coupon SPRINGBEST. Figured if I post something, it should be something people like. Enjoy :)

aldenfan

Reaction score
Haven't posted much, but I thought maybe you all would like this.... 25% off all Alden (including cordovan) using coupon SPRINGBEST. Figured if I post something, it should be something people like. Enjoy :)
off all Alden at JCREW.com... Sorry, missed including that important detail.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked up the cap toe cordovan boots for $500.

Awesome! J crew practically never discounts Alden but that code is 25% off anything. Thanks for posting it.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sizes have gone quick. luckily I do not see anything worthwhile this time around, my wallet is thankful

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RGH!! :fu:

Why can't these coupons ever hit when I have spending money put aside?!?!?!

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered the snuff suede PTB j crew make up with red rubber sole. I dig how they look. Didn't want them at $500 but at under $400 I could not resist.

With this discount, it brings shell models like the great cap toe boots down to about $500. + tax. which is a pretty good price.

Last edited:

Kwaker

Reaction score

Argh ... site says code is not valid or expired as of 8:25 EDT.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where the beautiful Jesus loves me on this God loves me saturday morning are my f....ing Alden x Leffot naval boots?
"2 much coffee",

Last edited:

docalden2013

Reaction score

Where the beautiful Jesus loves me on this gods loves me saturday morning are my f....ing Alden x Leffot naval boots?
"2 much coffee",

I felt this way a couple days ago--until I realized that I have spent the naval boot money on my recent snuff suede chukka and upl binge. I need a few more weeks to set aside the naval boot money again (unless of course I can't resist and end up buying some navy suede wingtips...)

IIRC, you pointed out the distinct possibility that we might get our naval boots when snow is on the ground in the fall. I hope that this doesn't end up being the case, as I might end up buying black lwb's as another tide over impulse purchase...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads