• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words.
Yes, ep French blue. The blue compliments ravello nicely.
Agreed. I wear my navy Rivets with Ravello frequently. I will have to look at the french blue as well

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 975 is a main staple to any wardrobe... Why not just buy it directly from Alden via one of their company stores (DC or San Francisco) or is your size the issue? I believe thats a style they readily keep in stock (unless the rumors about a shell shortage that have been circulating on the forum have come to bear reality).
agree. i think alden sf has most sizes of the 975 in stock right now.

http://www.aldenshop.com/Store/DrawProducts.aspx?CategoryID=46&ParentID=94&PageID=&Action=

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage of Alden x Leather Soul Alpine Grain wing tip boot

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't believe I missed these. LS had my size and I decided to give my visa a break:satisfied:
Amazing, simply best casual boot. Hopefully next run for me.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice pick up sazon. I would have jumped on these, but had just found jcrew's pebble grain cap toe boots a few weeks before these were offered. Enjoy wearing them.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have two color 8 Florsheim imperial shell models from the1970's - LWB and PTB - and one black shell model from 1981 - PTB. I wear them all TTS. I like each of them as well as my Aldens. They fit like a glove and are of wonderful quality. American made.

Wore my black ones tonight .....

nephew,
where did you find my florsheim's. those were the equal to aldens and more costly

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My camera doesn't do these shoes justice.  I assumed I would use these exclusively for casual to business casual, but these SWB's look outstanding; they could easily be dressed up with a suit.  There are those though, who believe bluchers should not be paired with suits.  I'm not one of them.

The commando sole is subtle enough for a dressy boot, imo.

nephew,
i agree with your conclusion that they could and should be worn with a suit and tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads