• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

docalden2013

Reaction score
First day out with the new 975s with the antique edge trim (Leffot)
#8 truly is the king. I’m loving these big time. Worth the wait.

Indoor and outdoor lighting

These are so lovely! Hope you're enjoying them.

I wish I had gone the Leffot route on these. I want to experiment with modifying my dark welted #8 lwbs and home brewing the antique trim, but I'm too much of a fraidy cat to give it a try.
shog[1].gif

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CalceoAdamator

Reaction score
El Argentino
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy

The idea of intentionally beating the hell out of, and not caring for, a pair of $675 shoes does not resonate with me. But to each their own.

QFT

I'll third that... WTF?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On this forum people beat up boots, sneakers and jackets that cost more than 3x those Aldens... it might even help cover up some QC flaws (5).

Last edited:

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The idea of intentionally beating the hell out of, and not caring for, a pair of $675 shoes does not resonate with me. But to each their own.

I know that some people treat that blog as gospel, but for real...

...FASHION SHOULD BE AN EXPRESSION OF INDIVIDUALITY.

It drives me crazy when people think that they are "in to fashion" just because they shop at the trendy stores.

(I won't name stores, but you know which one(s) I am talking about.)

anyway, sorry. That really didn't have anything to do with this thread, or even this conversation.

Dbc0919

Reaction score

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't take it as intentionally beating them up. I just see it as one more brushed dressy version and one a bit more casual and distressed looking.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

These are so lovely! Hope you're enjoying them. I wish I had gone the Leffot route on these. I want to experiment with modifying my dark welted #8 lwbs and home brewing the antique trim, but I'm too much of a fraidy cat to give it a try.
shog%5B1%5D.gif
Its really a no brainer if you have any mechanical skills at all .Plenty of how to's posted . If you dont like it just get a good black edge dressing and your back to square one . Be aware tho theres not much you can do with the top surface of the welt itll just have to stay black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads