1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Distinguished Member

haha sadly, this is true.. I've all but given up on my last couple wants.. may be time to shift into some of the moulded offerings in calf/cxl/suede

2. unipair guy

unipair guy Affiliate Vendor

Send me a PM letting me know your size and I will check our remaining stock for you. [​IMG]

3. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior Member

Thank you, very kind words. Gentlemen have a great Monday!

4. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior Member

I contacted Alden Of Carmen and was able to order a pair of those Barrie lasted Wingtip Boots in #8 Shell. They are expecting delivery in May. I paid $685. J Gilbert, as of a couple of weeks ago, is accepting preorders for their Plaza lasted version of the Wingtip Boots w/Commando Sole. I was quoted a price of $725 and they are expecting delivery in Fall/Winter.

5. hpreston

hpreston Senior Member

My first picture post.

I had a nice spot picked out, but the rain has changed my plans, so you get the parking lot at work.

Alden DC Unlined #8 PTB, saw the forcast for today, so doubled up on the Leather Defender last night.

[​IMG]

And now for a question; I want to add a pair of blue shoes to the rotation, I have the basics, a black captoe, #8 Long Wings, #8 PTB (pictured above), Suede PTB, and a Suede Chucka.

I am a TTS E width. Alden DC has the Blue CXL Long Wing, but they only did D widths, so I could go up a half size and get by, but Leather Sole has the Blue Suede Short wing coming in my size. Do I get the Blue CXL in a slightly off size (that still mostly works) or the suede??

6. hpreston

hpreston Senior Member

Stoopid double post!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013

7. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior Member

I'm planning to order the unlined penny in snuff suede and comparing prices. Do you guys know if Need Supply's version is snuff suede? They are calling it "tan", but it doesn't look at all like the tan suede I've seen in pics of tan suede loafers, chukkas and ptbs.

http://needsupply.com/mens/brands/alden/unlined-penny-loafer.html

Thanks for any help you guys can offer!

8. Ahab

Ahab Distinguished Member

Though I love CXL I have been less than impressed with the blue CXL I have seen (only pictures). On the other hand I have never seen an Alden blue suede I have not wanted. Blue suede short wings or long wings are on my shortlist.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013

9. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

Those sure look like snuff to me.

10. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior Member

[​IMG]

11. calidist

calidist Senior Member

I would get the suede for sure. CXL has stretched quite a bit in two previous Alden make-ups--so much so that I ended up selling them. I would be very concerned with CXL if you are already starting a half size up from TTS.

12. katch

katch Senior Member

I was able to snag a pair of the Brooks Brothers Black Fleece LWB in black cordovan on Friday. What is your take on black LWB vs color 8 LWB? Thinking may flip them + cash for the color 8s.

13. docalden2013

...it can also damage your marriage [​IMG]

14. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Distinguished Member

A couple of great acquisitions.

I'm currently waiting on a pair of saddle shoes from a Leffot pre-order and the more I see those chukkas, the more I want a pair. I could see myself wearing them with just about anything short of a suit.

Today I'm wearing my brown Alpine grain v-tips from Leather Soul. I've only had these a few weeks but they are quickly becoming my "go to" pair of shoes for the office. They also seem to elicit more compliments than any of my other shoes or boots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. docalden2013

Friday was gorgeous out and a bit busy, so I didn't get to posting my whiskey lwbs on their maiden voyage. I was so exuberant to have found them last week with the help of Voltaire from CitiShoes, so I kind of glossed over the carpet break-in thing. Anyway, here they are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For today, decided to go Alpine WTs with orange

[​IMG]

Have a good day, guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.