1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REguy

REguy Senior member

How do they fit in relation to your Aldens? What size do you wear vs your Barrie size?

2. brp2

brp2 Senior member

This happens every now and again yet, for some reason, I always fall for it.

3. BWV988

BWV988 Senior member

Oh, you're right. I got as far as opening the drop-down menu for size and marveling at the apparent full stock. I never bothered picking a size and width because I knew I couldn't order anything right now. Sorry to get people's hopes up.

4. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

I did get super excited for about 1/100000 of a second. Seeing ravello wingtip boots was great but as soon as I saw the color 4, I realized I was either dreaming or it was a cruel joke. I wanted to believe that maybe a restock was imminent (they're just tweaking the site) but this seems really doubtful. Though there is always hope, given the recent Bigfoot-Rainbow-Shell-Blowout.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  5. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

MrDV-Stunning Ravello NST...I'm fortunate to have a pair too. However yours pop better than mine!

See Ya,
    Steve

6. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

Thanks Uncle...I learned from the best...thanks for all of your wisdom sharing on all things Alden!

See Ya,
    Steve

7. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

8. KT88

KT88 New Member

Arrived yesterday ... Alden x Leffot LWB, Color 8 Shell, antique edge, double Waterlock soles. Love 'em!

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

nice shoes welcome to the forum

10. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

Gentlemen,
    I am looking to purchase a pair of LHS in Ravello. Any recommended sources? Alden of Washington, DC is out at the moment.

Thanks for any suggestions. I may just have to hop on some store's waitlist. Cheers.

11. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior member

I went ahead and called the Shoe Mart and spoke with Ed, who was very gracious. I was told that they are anticipating approximately 24 pairs of ravello wt boots sometime in the winter or early spring. Needless to say, they've all been promised away. Nonetheless, I went ahead and asked to be put on ravello stand-by, hoping that some nice fella in 8.5D or E will pass up a unicorn and throw it my way (I did have the fortune of grabbing the ravello longwing from Kathy at A-DC this fall, so why not go for the ravello double trouble?). Fingers crossed, even if delusionally.

12. sevenfoldtieguy

I have the black shell LWB on double leather (model 9751) and I find they are more versatile than probably many would think - flannels, denim, etc.

Commando is a nice touch for winter IMO in that overshoes are not needed if the snow/slush is minimal.

13. sevenfoldtieguy

Nowhere to be found as far as I know.

14. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

Anybody interested in a pair of cigar Indy boot with commando sole in 11c, or cigar full strap loafers in 11d, or a pair of Leather Soul Navy suede plain toe boot in 10.5d...they are listed on ebay right now.

Good hunting!

See Ya,
    Steve

15. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

Not in stock anywhere. I am considering ordering as a backordered item from the ShoeMart and either canceling or flipping the pair, if I in fact change my mind down the road.

Does anyone have recent positive experiences with the ShoeMart? Despite owning several Aldens--and not buying a new pair (shell or otherwise) in years--I have never dealt with this outfit. Cheers.

16. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Makes sense. Currently my only longwings are ravello and color 8 / antique. I have a tan suede version on order. Black (either on commando or the classic on double leather) could be a good addition to that rotation.

17. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I've purchased a few times from them. I find their service is very good. I can buy from them with no sales tax and receive shoes the next day with standard ground UPS shipping. I like ordering from Alden DC for the same reason.

18. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

I like the Shoemart and had a great experience. To my knowledge they are no longer accepting pre-orders of rare colors in shell cordovan. At least that's what I was told by the owner Ed. If you find out otherwise let us know.

See Ya,
    Steve

19. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

If you like gunboats, you always get use out of the black. A classic, great looking shoe. And I agree with your intuition about the usefulness of the commando sole for the fall and winter. I got a pair of color 8 boots with commando soles for the same use.

20. sazon

sazon Senior member

Thank you for that kind compliment.

This is an optical illusion created by the internet! My shoelaces are never twisted! :)

Really? Must have right over left?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.