1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevent

stevent Senior member

They market it as having a horsehair canvas, which according to their SAs and people who believe marketing that it is half canvas. I haven't handled one recently but the previous ones I tried / felt were definitely not half canvassed.

Fabrics are nice and they do go on sale quite a bit so not a bad deal if they fit you well

2. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

DV man! You wear that NST so well. Has to be the best batch of revello we've seen in a long time. The depth of color is amazing. #4/Cigar Hybrid!!?!

3. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Agreed. I just received a couple of sportcoats through their "Factory Finds" program and love them (I'm also still waiting on a couple pair of trousers). The construction and materials are great, and once you dial your size in, the fit is spot on too. The prices are also remarkably competitive for other places selling Southwick. I would definitely consider them for a full suit next time I am in the market for one.

4. coinopcollector

coinopcollector Senior member

Agree,. Also made in China, why bother, it's junk. Made in USA a big ++++.

5. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Thanks for the kind words docalden.
    Thank you donl. Awesome loafers sir.
    Thank you blue, the color is great on these. Hard not to wear them every day.

6. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

Seen some great looking shoes today on Whiskey Wednesday! Here's a shot of my Whiskey NST on Aberdeen..not Barrie! Figured while I was doing shots I would throw in a shot of tequila, really good tequila imported from Mexico.

See Ya,
    Steve
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. gosheik

gosheik Senior member

Not totally in the wild, but a pic of my "first wear" from a few days ago. Haven't made a final decision on keeping them yet. They look great in person and fit really well, just not sure how much I'll wear I'll get out of them. Got them with the 20% discount so having a hard time convincing myself NOT to keep them :)

[​IMG]

8. thams

thams Senior member

^ it's after noon somewhere, right?

9. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Lookin' good, Subutai!

10. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Looking for some opinions, guys. Does this look like regular 'ole, run of the mill cordovan "bloom"? It is a bit rough to the touch. It gets diminished after I 'Mac' them, but comes back as soon as I wear them. I guess the roughness is more or less the concerning part.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Don L

Don L Senior member

Looks like normal Bloom to me....

12. AAF-8AF

AAF-8AF Well-Known Member

I don't think that is bloom. I think that is the typical roughness that occurs in shell creases. Bloom is bright white and you can wipe it clean off with a cloth.

13. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

Look great to me.

14. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Thanks, Don.

I guess typical is the operative word here. it seems like these are a bit more noticeable compared to my other shells. I guess it could just be the color. These are my lightest pair.

Thanks, aldenwear.

15. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

I had similar issue on a non Alden pair of shells I have (Rider Boot navy shell). I think it was because they were a bit dry, almost rough feeling at the creasing. I used Reno, to moisturize along with brushing and it is a lot less prevalent when I wear them. It does go away with brushing alone, but the Reno helped it not happen as much. I would suggest moisturizing occasionally along with your normal brushing.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  16. Don L

Don L Senior member

I have the same on my Whiskey LWB's in the crease areas. Drives me nuts but brushing and shining with clean cloth makes it a bit better

17. n-domino

n-domino Senior member

My ravello daytrippers have this. No matter what I do (Reno, endless brushing, buffing, rubbing w/ cloth, etc.) the roughness/dryness still remains. My other cordovan shoes, however, do not have this issue. I've chalked it up to the nature of the cordovan.

18. sazon

sazon Senior member

Subutai - keep them LWBs. They look great. Makes me want to get a pair next time a coupon floats around.

19. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

bkotsko, thanks for the input. I am so hesitant to put anything on these. I guess I'll have to get over that fear eventually.

Thanks, Don. Brushing and shining does make it better between wearings.

Thanks, ndomino.

20. latestyle

latestyle Active Member

Shoe brush recommendations ? Obviously not all shoe brushes are created equal, what brands (if any) are among the favorites ? Thanks in advance !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.