1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

2. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, good shine on your cap toe boots

3. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

Anyone who requested tongue straps please do not pm me @ them unless you DONOT receive them within a week , Yes you are very welcome and no you cannot pay me for them . I hope they work out ok for you

1 person likes this.
  4. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior member

Anyone have pics of in-the-wild tan wingtip boots from JGilbert? http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/Shoes-Tan_Wing_Tip_Boot_198.htm

Is the "burnished tan" basically the brown calfskin of the JCrew tobaccos? Also, back to the Barrie-boots-may-be-tighter-than-Barrie-shoes issue, would you be inclined to size up on these?

I'm thinking these boots would be fairly versatile for wear with jeans and business casual apparel. I like the new Leffot cxl pct boots, but am having a tough time with the close heel for some reason.

Eager to hear your opinions :)

5. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, wear in good health

6. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

7. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

I haven't shed enough of my yankee roots to take the plunge on cowboy boots yet. That said, I'm coming around on some CXL Indy boots.

8. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    king nst
    cashmere otc

1 person likes this.
  9. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

It really depends on what you consider hot? In Dallas where it get to 105 or higher on a regular basis...you typically are wearing very light weight slacks, or shorts, or even less for the ladies! The outdoor temperature pretty much dictates what clothes I wear, which in turn dictate my footwear. I own as many pairs of cowboy boots as I do Alden's...which both number in excess of 24 pairs, 95% shell on my shoes. With that in mind I wear shell loafers many times in the summer. I have also worn boots (All types)in the middle of the summer, specially in the evening after sunset. I used to do a lot of camping the summer and always wore boots to prevent snakes bites, chigger bites, and sprained ankles. Those of us used to sweating know to wear long sleeve shirts and pants out in the sun, once your soaked the sweat evaporates and keeps you cool. If you quit sweating your in trouble! If a boot fits the need, then that's what I'm wearing. I've worn work boots all my life regardless of temperature...to protect my feet!

No doubt outdoor temperature can dictate what you put on your feet, but so does the conditions for which you pick what pair you wear. In the grand scheme of things I usually don't find the outdoor temperature itself dictates whats comfortable on my feet. In Dallas the concrete gets so hot that thin soled shoes can be uncomfortable too. I don't think there's a 100% rule for if it's boots or no boots.

See Ya,
    Steve

10. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

Hail to the King, and his shoes too!

See Ya,
    Steve

11. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Whatever you do don't mention your Yankee roots in Texas. Once you've tried on a pair of Lucchese handmades you'll be convinced.

12. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ Just don't start rooting for the Cowboys! : )

13. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Superb combo Uncle. You wear your NST's exceptionally well.

14. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Mac,
    That color is fantastic.

15. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I cannot imagine the weather is much different in most of Michigan than most of Pennsylvania. We're just flatter and get a bit more lake effect snow over the entire west side of the state. Metro Detroit in particular has pretty nice weather, relatively speaking, and generally has a good distribution of all the seasons. Now if I lived in the UP though, I'd probably be getting much more use out of my Bean Boots than my Indy boots for much of the year!

1 person likes this.
  16. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

So question for all you Saphir experts...
    I tightened up the lid on my neutral cordovan creme last night and the lid broke.
    It must have been cracked.
    Any suggestions for storage?

17. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I also cannot see myself in cowboy boots. Maybe some ropers, just maybe. The main Lucchese factory is here in El Paso and my wife's boss' husband is their controller. He's promised me a tour of the factory but I haven't taken him up on it yet. Should be interesting.

18. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Bump for those who participated, but haven't had a chance to see it.

19. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

whew I need to step my income up

20. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

One more graphic, since this seemed to be interesting to some, earlier.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.