1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkater1

jkater1 Senior Member

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

Honestly the best way is to see if for yourself. Whiskey can look so different depending on lighting, inside/outside, etc. I have seen bigger variance in the color of Whiskey than any other shell color.

3. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior Member

I've a pair of Wolverine rust 1000 mile boots that I've been using Bick 4 on, my cobbbler who seems to know his business recommended it.

4. marnomuth

marnomuth Member

Picked these up from Alden DC over the weekend. Liked them in the store. Loved them after wearing them in natural light.
    [​IMG]

5. jereth

jereth Active Member

[​IMG]

#8 J Crew cap toes today, 3rd time out.

6. MrDV

MrDV Distinguished Member

Blue cxl? I think I want a pair of these or the blue cxl ptb. Great looking shoe.

7. jereth

jereth Active Member

Anybody else have one shoe in each pair they like better than the other? Seems like every pair I own has one more appealing shoe, some left, some right.

8. Winterbourne

Winterbourne Senior Member

Very nice! I can't wait until mine come.

9. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior Member

I obviously need to stop reading this thread. I passed on those very shoes just before the weekend, convincing myself that I had already built a solid range of lwbs and that navy would be tricky to pair with lots and lots of my wardrobe. I further rationalized that, if I were to purchase a navy-colored shoe, it should be a navy suede variety.

One look at your picture and I begin feeling like I want to kick myself.

Maybe I'll pull the trigger for the whiskey lwb and try to go get some work done...Sheesh!

10. marnomuth

marnomuth Member

While I was in the store, I thought the same thing, "What can I wear these with?!" I originally went to the store to preorder a natural CXL LWB and tried these on simply as a test fit. I admit that I purchased them on an impulse only because it would take at least 4 months until the natural LWB's became available (I wanted a new pair ASAP). After getting them home and imagining what I can wear them with, the purchase was totally justified. They pair well with light colored pants: khaki, gray, green; perfect for Spring. Also, they don't scream blue like a suede shoe might. They're the perfect shade and tone, in my opinion. I won't wear these often, but when I do, I know they will be the highlight of my outfit.

11. sazon

sazon Distinguished Member

Uncle Mac - I very much like your socks today.

Cigar PTB, with scuffs to get out:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior Member

Congrats on your intuitive purchase! Wear them in good health. Sounds like my budget just increased by about $500. That doesn't make it a budget, does it? More like a slippery slope...

I just recently purchased the natural CXL LWBs while contemplating the navy lwbs :) Funny how the universe works. FYI, you can get natty cxl lwbs through Epaulet. Those are on a different last (Leydon) as compared with the Barries. Go true to size for the Leydons if you're pulling the trigger. Epaulet was wonderful and even included a hand-written note thanking me for my first puchase with them...:)

13. digga

digga Senior Member

Am I missing something here? Maybe you guys should hang out.

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

I believe Leffot has Natural LWB's as well. They are on the Barrie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.