1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

I suspect that Alden would classify that the same way that they do an MTO. They no longer do it. I'm not so sure they ever would have taken a pair for re-lasting, out of the risk of throwing off the shoe's proportions, unless the customer was willing to take full risk and pay for the job regardless of the outcome.

2. GooseG

GooseG Senior member

Man, the profile of the Indy never gets old. And the creasing for a boot like that will make #8 look amazing in the years to come.

I can't justify the shell version, just because my 403's would always get the nod for everyday wearing.

3. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I once asked Rancourt about making a pair of my loafers smaller. Said it couldn't be done.

4. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I agree.

These are my everydays. I typically don't wear them to work but they called my name when I opened the closet today. Plus I heard it may be raining when I leave work.

5. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Your Indy's look good tifosi. Hands down my trubalnce cxl Indy's are my most comfortable Aldens.

6. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Thanks, Be. I have a hard time deciding between these and my CXL PTB on flex sole for my most comfy.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  7. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

these are starting to break in quite nicely.....surprised how comfy the monks are.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Wow, good eye. That actually is a dye issue. But at least it's not on the toe. :)

9. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Beautiful monks. Did you have silver buckles put on?

10. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Tif, phenomenal Indys. Love them in Color 8.

11. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Your life is so full of difficult choices. Where did get the cxl PTB's?

12. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I know...I have a tough life! I got my CXL PTBs from Epaulet.

13. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Thanks, dubs.

14. GooseG

GooseG Senior member

NeedSupply also sells that makeup, as does Roden Gray. You can't get enough CXL in your life, it's just too freaking comfy!

RG also did a plain toe brown CXL boot that looked amazing, although I think they're sold out.

15. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

[​IMG]

Ravello NSTs today. Have a good Thursday!

-Mike

1 person likes this.
  16. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Crap, Dubs! I need them!! Beautiful.

17. brostymie

brostymie Active Member

Does anyone has the list if 2014 nakeups fron j gilbert for ore orders

18. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Sorry, I don't, but I am sure there are many here that do. Good luck!

19. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

I think this is the list to which you are referring:

1. Dark Brown Regina Grain Calf. Wing Tip boot, Barrie last, commando sole, mid-tan antique sole edge.

2. Dark Brown Regina Grain Calf. Long Wing, Barrie last, Double waterloc sole, mid-tan antique sole edge.

3. Navy Chromexcel Indy boot with Handsewn Moccasin stitch, Trubalance last, Double waterloc sole, mid-tan antique sole edge.

4. Navy Chromexcel HANDSEWN penny loafer, van last, single waterloc flex sole, light antique sole edge.

5. Hunting Green suede longwing, Barrie last, double waterloc sole, mahogany (dark) sole edge.

6. Navy suede tassel moccasin, Copley last, single flex sole, light antique sole edge.

7. Hunting green suede tassel moccasin, Copley last, single flex sole, mahogany (dark) sole edge.

8. Copley last penny loafer (not handsewn), Navy suede, single flex sole, light antique sole edge.

9. Copley last penny loafer (not handsewn), Snuff suede, single flex sole, light antique sole edge.

10. Hunting Green Suede Indy Shoe, Trubalance last, single flex sole, Mahogany (dark) sole edge, rubber orthotic heel.

11. Copley last penny loafer (not handsewn), cognac soft calf, single flex sole, light antique sole edge.

12. Norwegian front boot, Handsewn, Plaza last, Cognac soft calf, single flex sole, light antique sole edge.

13. Bal. Saddle shoe, Navy suede saddle, tongue, & backstay, cognac soft calf vamp & quarters, Barrie last, single flex sole, dark agatine eyelets to match navy suede, light antique sole edge.

20. GooseG

GooseG Senior member

Oh, my. Must not look up, must not look up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.