***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimney

jimney Senior member

Nice makeups there. Sadly, I'm having problems navigating the site since I can't read or speak Korean. :(

2. green garden

green garden Senior member

Mac, as usual really nice looking pair. I've seen you post pictures of NST in all different lasts - Barrie, Aberdeen, Plaza... If I may ask, which style do you think is the most contemporary and would look the best with jeans. I'm really wanting to get an NST but can't buy all the varieties. I usually wear more casual, thus the question. Thanks.

3. stevent

stevent Senior member

Google translate or I think there is an english button top right of page. Their stock is really nice but no larger sizes yet

4. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

There are a few things to take into consideration. Shoe vs boot. Closed vs Open lacing (Balmoral vs Blucher). Shoe material (suede vs calf vs cordovan lined or unlined). I've found all of these details to affect the fit to some degree.

Having said that, I have three pairs of Truebalance boots, one pair of Barrie boots and one pair of Barrie PTBs. I can tell you that my Truebalance boots are significantly larger than either the Barrie boot or the Barrie PTB. The Barrie boot and the Barrie PTB have a similar fit.

5. unipair guy

unipair guy Affiliate Vendor

Thank you! We will add more English to the website in the future but until then I can answer any questions. We will also be ordering larger sizes in the future. [​IMG]

6. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Thanks! Mine are actually from Leffot; I prefer the Barrie on my LWBs. I think normal wear and tear will be the key. Enjoy yours!

7. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

thanks for the kind words, yea they are ptb in #8 990. i bought them used off another forum member. i think #8 looks good when it gets worn a bit then it starts changing different colors. i did the mac method on this pair after i got them over and over again for about 2hrs though except i added some of my own spit lol.

that would explain the shine also the sun was nice and bright :). the denim are a.p.c new standards.

8. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

Pffft. The Indy boot is oos in my size @ both Leffot & TSM. Seems odd that need supply is selling the Indy boot less than everyone else. You guys have good luck ordering from need supply?

9. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i have never ordered aldens from needsupply but i've ordered other items they have always been excellent. i also think their 10% off code works on aldens.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  10. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Uncle, I think I like this NST whiskey even better than the ravello. Outstanding! Wear in great health my friend.

11. ReversoLover

ReversoLover Senior member

Hey everyone, newbie here with a quick question...

I searched the thread for this comparison, but I was unsuccessful in finding it, so excuse me if this has already been mentioned (don't worry, not asking about sizing!)

I have a pair of LS Ultimate Indys CXL and am looking to expand to a plain toe blucher as a nice summer shoe (idk why, I just can't get myself to go for the longwing instead). That being said, do you think Natural CXL or Snuff Suede would be better? This would be worn sock + sockless with basically everything. The natural CXL would be 'safer' in terms of in case it rained or something and more hardy, I assume, but that snuff suede is just too beautiful...

Thanks in advance

12. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Fantastic pictures guys! Love the longing one

13. brp2

brp2 Senior member

All: thanks for the warm welcome. Also, I did not make the short trip from Brugge to Sluis and Frans Boone so, unfortunately, I have nothing special to report for the thread (while I had lots of beer, did some cycling, and watched a race, I realize all that's off topic here).

What I do have, however, is another question. I have yet to find a satisfactory pair of travel shoes and am hoping for some Alden recommendations. One of my main concerns is comfort as we walk a lot when we travel. I also think I'm looking for a man-made sole as I don't want to have to worry about traction or longevity in inclement weather, and I really only want to travel with one pair of shoes (unless it's a special occasion). Finally, I want something that looks good with both jeans or mildly-dressy clothing. Any thoughts or, better yet, photos/links? Thanks.

14. CalceoAdamator

CalceoAdamator Senior member

The Alden Handsewn Oxford Luxury Comfort (815, 816, 817) are probably my most comfortable and durable shoes... And I think will meet the criteria you're looking for... I happen to be wearing them today:
    [​IMG]

15. digga

digga Senior member

How about a commando PTB: http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/Shoes-Plain_Toe_Blucher_Oxford_Commando_Sole_175.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.