***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neilz4

neilz4 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they don't offer E widths, only D. I have never been sized in any Alden last, but I wear a 8.5EEE in the AE 5-65 last so there's no way I'm going to fit into a D.

2. terradilavoro

terradilavoro Senior member

Hi Gents,

my latest aquisition. The unlined PTB No. 8 from Alden DC. No luck at Tassels nor LSH caused 2 years of desperation.
    It was a total pleasure to deal with Kathy. Especially her voice on the phone sounds so incredible mellifluous.

Fresh out of the box with one coat of Alden Leather Defender
    [​IMG]
    [ATTACHMENT=6041]Alden PTB No. 8 unlined special edition 001.JPG (2,859k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

shot with flash - i wonder wether Alden changed the in-house dye? I do miss the typical aubergine lacquer/glace (exact term in German: Appretur)
    Am i wrong guys :puzzled:
    [​IMG]
    [ATTACHMENT=6042]Alden PTB No. 8 unlined special edition 002.JPG (2,815k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

cheerio
    Joachim

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  3. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

No change as far as I know. Having said that, some batches of color 8 are more purple than others - some much more purple than others. I have numerous color 8 Aldens and the color spectrum is varied. In my experience, however, Alden for BB color 8 has always been on the dark side, with noticeable purple overtones (which I like). But I am told the dye for Alden for BB models is the exact same as that for stock models.

Nice shoes.

4. terradilavoro

terradilavoro Senior member

Thank you, sevenfoldtieguy!

5. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

exactly...from u made....

6. CalceoAdamator

CalceoAdamator Senior member

A fine day for Ravello today...
    [​IMG]

7. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

This is probably a stupid question - I'm going to be out in San Francisco, should I stop by Unionmade? I know I've stopped by some stores that are "awesome" online but leave a lot to be desired in brick & mortar.

Thanks in advance for your comments fellas!

8. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

They have a pretty good retail store however they rarely have anything on sale or anything like that. Prices are generally a bit high. You can check out the Aldens they have too but look online to see if they have your size in stock first. I have found the website fairly accurate to what they have in the store in terms of Aldens. They rarely have my size in stock.

9. takashi78

takashi78 Senior member

If you're going to SF when not visit the Alden store?
    I'm sure they have lots more stock then Unionmade.
    Unless you are looking for some non standard models.

10. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

Got my first pair of Alden's about a week ago, have a couple questions for the masses.

1. I treated them last night with Montana Pine Pitch and am having some weird reverse toe cap thing happen, tried to put extra on the end to even it out but it won't work - what's the deal with that?

2. How many wears should I give it until I give up on the side digging into my ankle? Left boot feels like a million bucks, right boot is almost giving me black and blues digging into the ankle with every step, have some band-aids on to lessen it but this is the 3rd or 4th time I've worn these and its not really easing up out as hoped, have work looser and tighter - should I give it a handful of other wears? Sizing is dead-on otherwise.

[​IMG]

11. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

Just to follow up on these great looking ravello shoes. I contacted Sid Mashburn and they currently have a 9 and an 11 in stock. I wish one of those sizes worked for me. They also said the ETA for a restock of this model is 4 years............

12. calidist

calidist Senior member

To echo Mediahound, if you have a standard D width foot, then Unionmade would be a good place to check out. If you have either narrow or wide feet, then Alden SF will be far more efficacious if you're looking to buy (and not just browse). But... why not check out both? They're very different vibes and have divergent offerings.

13. sazon

sazon Senior member

Hi Gents,

my latest aquisition. The unlined PTB No. 8 from Alden DC. No luck at Tassels nor LSH caused 2 years of desperation.
    It was a total pleasure to deal with Kathy. Especially her voice on the phone sounds so incredible mellifluous.

Fresh out of the box with one coat of Alden Leather Defender
    [​IMG]
    [ATTACHMENT=6041]Alden PTB No. 8 unlined special edition 001.JPG (2,859k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

shot with flash - i wonder wether Alden changed the in-house dye? I do miss the typical aubergine lacquer/glace (exact term in German: Appretur)
    Am i wrong guys :puzzled:
    [​IMG]
    [ATTACHMENT=6042]Alden PTB No. 8 unlined special edition 002.JPG (2,815k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Great looking shoes! Congrats.

AND, great new word I learned today: mellifluous

14. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Unionmade looks like a great store to visit regardless of whether you are buying Alden shoes or not. I plan on visiting the next time I am in SF (July). Obviously I'll visit Alden SF as well

15. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

I'm convinced someone working at Unionmade must wear my same size. My size is almost never in stock and when they get a new Alden in, it's the first to sell out. Even looking at their site right now, some Aldens have every other size in stock and my size is skipped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.