***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick

rick Senior member

Very interesting: http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...lden/20853.jsp

i have these boots. i bought them from shoemart as seconds, they are great and i cannot wait to wear them. you don't see captoe on the barrie last, a must buy imho.

2. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

J. Gilbert limited run NST #8 on Plaza, single oiled flex? sole. Really love the fit and sole on these.
    I am not a NST fan but I do like these a lot. Love them with the jeans. [​IMG]

Actually, it just may be because I have seen a lot more pictures of Alden NST's than any other but the only ones I have liked have been Alden.
    Very interesting: http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...lden/20853.jsp
    This is great news. There should be a time in the future where you can pick them up on sale. [​IMG]

They do have the speed hooks which I am not a fan of at this time though. [​IMG]

3. tahonng

tahonng Senior member

The Bureau has these, wish they had these in the US, in the Alden store in NY and in my size. Love the combo of the #8 and natural oak soles. [​IMG]

4. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

has anyone had any experience with this seller on ebay: daboss2222

That's ol' Rebel222 on the SF - an excellent seller.

5. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

The Bureau has these, wish they had these in the US, in the Alden store in NY and in my size. Love the combo of the #8 and natural oak soles. [​IMG]
    Those are cigar shell. Available at Shoemart. Cigar is the best shell variant, definitely. They do say #8, though, and they are awesome. I am skeptical because I have heard Alden does not make a #8 shoe with a natural edging (but then again, why?).

6. tahonng

tahonng Senior member

Those are cigar shell. Available at Shoemart. Cigar is the best shell variant, definitely.

They do say #8, though, and they are awesome. I am skeptical because I have heard Alden does not make a #8 shoe with a natural edging (but then again, why?).

It says on the site that this was done made to order for The Bureau. I'm guessing that means the combo of the natural edging and that color (#8/cigar).

7. blynch

blynch Senior member

my second pair of aldens, may seem become an addict... PTB Chromexcel AWW purchased from interlockingny 10D barrie, get more heel lift than my pair of 10E copleys, but a pretty good fit for not trying before buying. Might have to add a heel pad. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

my second pair of aldens, may seem become an addict...
    PTB Chromexcel AWW purchased from interlockingny
    10D barrie, get more heel lift than my pair of 10E copleys, but a pretty good fit for not trying before buying. Might have to add a heel pad.

Alden's = Addicting. [​IMG]

But I like those. For khaki's and jeans more than slacks though.

9. blynch

blynch Senior member

Alden's = Addicting. [​IMG]

But I like those. For khaki's and jeans more than slacks though.

yea, will probably be a go to jeans shoe for me. I just happened to have slacks on when I opened the box today. Next to buy is a black blutcher for work...

10. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

yea, will probably be a go to jeans shoe for me. I just happened to have slacks on when I opened the box today.
    I've been there! [​IMG]

11. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

LS Jumper Boots landed today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

^ Those are sweet, AlanC. One of these days I will order my own. Still made on the Trubalance last?

13. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

OMG! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. mbrokerny

mbrokerny Senior member

Just received my Roy pre-orders from Context, they are easily the best looking pair of boots I own. The pull-up leather is amazing. [​IMG]

I haven't had a chance to take any shots yet as the UPS man literally just delivered them, but I'll post some soon. If you've been thinking about picking a pair of these up, do it. I was on the fence and am so happy that I pulled the trigger on them...

Please post pics!

15. bizzblar

bizzblar Senior member

just received my new pair of 405s. are great looking boots but i did have a question about the stitching on the sole. on the left side of both boots, the stitching clearly goes off the "stitching track" on the sole, and on the right boot starts to slightly go onto the lateral surface of the sole and is slightly frayed.

obviously hard to describe without pics, but was wondering if these irregularities are normal or if i should return them for another pair. they are of course barely noticeable to anyone not looking for it but very noticeable to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.