• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the tips on the AE suede spray. Does it affect color in any way? Have some Aubergine suede that is at the perfect color and its a bit of a hassle to get the saphir spray to the US

I noticed a small affect on my white suede where I may have over sprayed it a little. From white to grey but now I spray lighter. I think it went away when it dried.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I saw those this morning as well. I was perplexed why they had this built with the rubber othro heel.

And why they are on the TruFlare last? And why they are available in E width only? ........

But I actually like the shoe, and I'm not even a huge fan of whiskey shell.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just couldn't take myself serious wearing those.  They scream "LOOK AT ME!"

+1

But to each their own.

Quite honestly I think my wife would tackle me before I left the house and demand they be removed from my feet.

CalceoAdamator

Reaction score
Black shell saddles today...

100 yrs

Reaction score
was in j. gilbert the other day and Yenni mentioned the shell shortage, including #8

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was in j. gilbert the other day and Yenni mentioned the shell shortage, including #8

Interesting. Several months ago it was only special shell like whiskey/ravello that there was no production on in sight. But currently, it seems like all shell may be in short supply. I can attest to that when I was recently searching for a 975 in a smaller size, I could not find one in stock except at the Alden SF store (I bet Alden gives them priority).

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I may be wrong or missing something important, but I'm going to say it again: scarcity of Alden shell is a function of Alden being in demand beyond Alden's capacity to produce. You can go to several other makers, all sourcing shell from Horween, and get something immediately or MTO within a month or so and in an array of shell colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads