1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Tru dat MrDV. You can start wearing that double-breasted suit again, it's back, though Prince Charles and his father never stopped. The pleated wool, cashmere, and silk Santorelli dress slacks I prefer come with a pretty generous leg opening by today's standards, cuffed of course. One doesn't want to look like Crockett and Tubbs from "Miami Vice".

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  2. katch

katch Senior member

Quote:Thank you!

3. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

1) Call around
    2) Monitor this thread very closely

Due to the heads up earlier, I snagged a whiskey PTB (a shoe I have been looking for for over a year) from Alden DC in my size. They claimed they "just got them in" but who knows if that is true.

I have snagged numerous pairs due to heads up from this thread.

4. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

I went Barrie size on my late 80s or early 90s vintage Florsheim Kenmoore LWBs. Fit perfectly. TTS would've huge on me.

5. sammy

sammy Senior member

Fresh out of the box... Alden x Leffot saddle oxfords on the barrie last. Color 8 shell and Alpine grain.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Nice. Glad that worked out for you as well

7. BeSpiffington

Great looking saddle shoes sammy. Wear them in good health.

8. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

I really like the #8 belt I recently picked up from Rancourt. It has a more casual feel, and I would say the shell appears drier and more of a reddish hue than my color 8 shoes from Alden but I think it is well made and looks nice.

9. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Sweet looking saddles. Nice purchase.

10. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

While Alden DC provides great service, I would recommend calling them when shells are due to arrive (even when you are on a list). A couple of years back, I was on a list for ravello LWBs that were due to arrive in March. I called in the middle of February to see if they were on time or had already arrived. Fortunately for me, they had one left in my size and it had already been in stock for two weeks. Not sure why they had not called, but I was glad that I had taken the initiative. However, it doesn't seem likely that shipments of shell will come earlier than scheduled anymore.

11. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

Just a FYI in case anyone is looking for a #8 shell cordovan six eyelet chukka in 10D. I just posted mine in the S&D classifieds.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

When I chatted with Alden DC they said they didn't know shipments of ravello and whiskey PTBs were coming in, but they have recently. The fact is retailers don't seem to know when things arrive. Alden NYC says they have "nothing" in whiskey on order but I would't be shocked to hear of PTB, chukkas or longwings showing up there sometime in the next 12 months

13. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

I love these.......so much that I brought the same shoe. My plan was to take mine on their maiden voyage tomorrow but they are talking about a slight possibility of rain in Pgh. I was wondering if you've treated yours with Alden Defender? I wouldn't mind mine darkening a little, though hopefully not too much. I'd rather darken them than ruin them due to rain. The problem in Pgh is that there is always the possibility of rain so if I let that dissuade me then I'll never get to wear them. Any advice?

14. BeSpiffington

Regrettbly they're one size too small for me schawn. Who did that make-up?

15. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I have not used defender on my shell. I have not used anything on any if my shell yet. I'm also worried about the color changing. I do wear my shell in the rain, tho. Unless it is a downpour when I leave the house I don't think twice about it.

16. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

Leathersoul makeup

17. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Move...

...Kidding.

As far as I've heard, leather defender won't darken whiskey. Haven't personally tried it.

...Also, overshoes.

18. GooseG

GooseG Senior member

Just curious- does anyone NOT size down for the Barrie?

I sized down for my Indies and they are perfect, but the same size (8.5D, my TTS is 9D) in Barrie was excruciating.

19. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Good enough for me. Thanks.

20. coinopcollector

coinopcollector Senior member

Bad day for me. I got my package from Alden NY and it was supposed to have color 8 wingtip boots on Commando size 10.5D I opened the box and to my dismay they were #8 wingtip boots but with double leather sole. I called NY and was told "Oops, we don't have a 10.5 D on Comando." They are on their way back. I am very bummed because I ordered them on Saturday and just prior I had also spoken to Alden DC and was told that they had a ravello LWB in 10E. I could only buy one and had to make a choice. Anyway, when NY told me I was SOL on the Commandos until after the new year at the soonest, I got on the phone to DC, and as you will all suspect, the Ravello LWB's were already gone. I went from super excited this afternoon to majorly bummed in a minute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.