• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
be ready to jump on the next pair that becomes available, some will eventually
Those are one of the nicest pairs of Aldens I've seen.
thank you hill.
I want MrDV's Alden collection!
nod%5B1%5D.gif
thanks for the kind words rtp. aldens do help me feel better about going to work in the mornings. no one else at work notices them much anymore, but I feel happy wearing them.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally like the suede wingtips better. The PTB can have a tendency to look a bit like slippers, especially in the Barrie last. I prefer the unlined Chukkas the best though, which are Leydon last and looks more sleek which seems to fit suede better, IMO.

I very much agree with the wingtip comment, but not so much with the Leydon chukka. I don't care for sleekness in a very casual shoe, but that's just me.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

pics: Alden Black shell WT boot on Barrie, hand sanded dble. sole edges stained walnut.
those boots look awesome, nice job.
Ravello Kirkwood allday evryday
great looking kirkwoods
This might be a first for this thread. I just received one of Nick Horweens #4 cordovan belts. Here's a pic with my Ravello LWB's for colour comparison. Of course now I must have a pair of #4 shell shoes. Did someone say something about chasing unicorns?
I think different shades of ravello on the same gunboats is pretty great. and ill say it again, I need that belt.
Some Alden cordovan mixed with a few others
wow, nice color wheel

david3558

Reaction score
I know these aren't Alden's but these RL Marlows are fantastic, needed some brown shell since Alden is having a hard time getting me some Ravello..

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know these aren't Alden's but these RL Marlows are fantastic, needed some brown shell since Alden is having a hard time getting me some Ravello..

The C&J for RL dark brown shell is very nice. I own the Marlow and Lindrick. My tassels are to arrive tomorrow. Picked them up the last day of the 25% off sale. :nodding:

CitizenDick

Reaction score
This is my first Alden. Brown-calf wingtip boots with commando sole.
Since it's the first pair, i need to risk ordering same size as my other boots, it turns out perfect fit to me.
Let me save up for a while, i'll go for the Shell's.

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Since it's the first pair, i need to risk ordering same size as my other boots, it turns out perfect fit to me.

Awesome first Alden. :slayer:

gsgleason

Reaction score

Remember that different lasts fit very differently, so the same size in a different last may not fit the same at all.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I very much agree with the wingtip comment, but not so much with the Leydon chukka.  I don't care for sleekness in a very casual shoe, but that's just me.

I love the Leydon, and wish Alden used it more, especially with suede offerings. It only looks sleek compared to a Barrie shoe or boot; if you set a Leydon lasted shoe next to something that's actually sleek (i.e. something not made by Alden), then it looks pretty normal for a casual shoe. Also I'm biased because so far Leydon has been the best fitting last for my foot :)

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is my first Alden. Brown-calf wingtip boots with commando sole. Since it's the first pair, i need to risk ordering same size as my other boots, it turns out perfect fit to me. Let me save up for a while, i'll go for the Shell's.
Great looking boots. Thanks for posting photos.
saddles x leffot
I've always liked this saddle makeup. Good looking combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads