***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    cigar nst

2. slappy

slappy Senior member

Im surprised that Leffot still has some Alden shoes for sale. I bought their AWW in chromexcel and it's a fantastic shoe. It currently is being sold for 212 which is damn cheap, I paid 295 when this sale first started. They also have a Kudu PTB boot for 212 in sizes 11.5 and 12D http://blog.leffot.com/summer-sale/

3. jeangenie

jeangenie Active Member

I'm a size 10 (D) in AE's, What size should I order for the Plaza Last? I read on Alden of Carmel that the sizing is slightly longer than the usual sizing? Someone please reply quickly as I am planning to preorder from Leather Soul Hawaii within the next week!

4. JonB27

JonB27 Senior member

YES!

Nice, Thanks!

5. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

BTW: I added 11 pair of Shell to my Alden thread in my signature. 2 pair are C&J for Polo Ralph Lauren. I am working on the individual pics. [​IMG]

6. rick

rick Senior member

I'm a size 10 (D) in AE's, What size should I order for the Plaza Last? I read on Alden of Carmel that the sizing is slightly longer than the usual sizing? Someone please reply quickly as I am planning to preorder from Leather Soul Hawaii within the next week!

i am not sure how AE fit but plaza last is tts.

7. rick

rick Senior member

here is one pic request fro the j crew indy i will post more. no shoe trees i like my boots rough.

[​IMG]

8. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

here is one pic request fro the j crew indy i will post more. no shoe trees i like my boots rough.

No offense, but that is dumb: shoe trees keep the leather from rotting from the inside out. But, they are your boots. Nice collection.

9. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

No offense, but that is dumb: shoe trees keep the leather from rotting from the inside out. But, they are your boots. Nice collection.
    You could rotate one or two pairs and that would make a world of difference.

10. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

yeah i agree on the trees. i can maybe understand the indys, but all those other ones would look a lot nicer with trees in em

11. rick

rick Senior member

no problem, maybe i will have to change my mind. i use shoe trees in my shoes and do not see that much of a difference, but maybe its just me. thanks as always.

12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

yeah. no matter if you like the roughed up or not, shoe trees do a bit more than keep them looking nice, but you know this already. hell, i put trees in sneakers just to get the moisture out of them.

13. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

no problem, maybe i will have to change my mind. i use shoe trees in my shoes and do not see that much of a difference, but maybe its just me. thanks as always.

So you already have trees! Damn man, just rotate your set of trees to the most recently worn pair of boots. Those would last you until death if you take care of them.

14. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

AlanC Minister of Trad

^Tempted, but my LS Jumper boots just arrived, which is wiping me out. Still, a pair of those wingtip boots...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.