1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

That sucks.

My maildude doesn't even leave the sign and redeliver slip anymore. They just forward it to the local non-post office package center for pickup. Thankfully that place is fairly convenient for me.

2. wildstar

wildstar Senior member

Thanks! I like the Barrie for fit and comfort, it works really well for me. I tried Grant boots in several sizes/widths and just could not get it to work for me; D was too narrow in the front and E was too wide in the heel. With an 8D Barrie, it is like someone traced my foot, fits beautifully. I do like the look of the last too, looks great on boots which is what I normally wear.

3. wildstar

wildstar Senior member

Thanks! And thanks for your care tips on the forum, I only brush and buff these as you recommend and they come out looking great. :)

4. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Got my Whiskey LWB's ordered from TSM this past weekend. And while I'm no expert I can say without equivocation that these shoes are not seconds. They are absolutely flawless and I couldn't be more pleased.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have examined these with a fine tooth comb and there is not one flaw with these shoes. I could not be happier. Timing is truly everything.

1 person likes this.
  5. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

fuuuuu I didn't even think about whisky LWB when I placed my order over the weekend. those look great

6. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Beautifully shined monks straps Uncle. Cashmere is the key to complete feet happiness.

7. kumizi

kumizi Senior member

were the TSM shoes actually on the website or do they have some sort of mailing list?

8. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

this last run didn't come to light from either. a member on here stopped into the store, saw the prices etc, and came in and posted here.

shoemart probably moved $20,000 worth of alden in 5 days [​IMG]

9. gosheik

gosheik Senior member

My sentiments and experience with both lasts to the letter! Congrats on a great collection.

10. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

HUGE thanks to the original poster on the invetory at TSM.....I likely would have not ever purchase these (ravello NSTs) at full retail even if I cam across them somewhere.....thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I am with you KW.....ravello, whiskey, cigar......yes, please!!!!

Too bad the line must be drawn at some point......at least for now.

11. stevent

stevent Senior member

Wow these are beautiful! Really kind of wished I had clarified on the Ravello NST. Any chance someone here got a 10.5 Indy that would want to trade for the 10.5 NST?

12. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

i had a pair that i loved but were slightly too small, so i sold (bought the brown cxls after i decided to sell). sometimes i wish i still had the nat cxl, but in a better size. old pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

note on the brown chukka which is slightly too roomy in the heel and it get's annoying by the end of the day. exchanged emails with nick v, and he said that they could add a back liner (what they would do to repair the leather lining if it had a hole in it) to tighten up the heel. anyone tried this?

13. LouisL

LouisL New Member

Nice shoes. To add a back liner could be a good idea

14. jkiu

jkiu Active Member

A little late to the "watch and cordovan" party, but here's what I'm sporting today - IWC ceramic big pilot and J Crew ravello gunboats.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Pretty sure these are new to TSM. Regardless, just k0pped a set.

[​IMG]

16. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Thanks guys. Again, to clarify, I mistakenly stated earlier that I grabbed a pair of size 10's. These are actually a 9. Also, as stated earlier, big thanks to the member who posted the alert. Thanks to him I was able to grab a brand new pair of shoes I have been lusting over since I've joined this forum, and at a price of only $100 over what I was outbid for on a beat-up pair on eBay less than 2 weeks ago :slayer:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  17. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Shawnc, looks like we are the same size - congratulations on the snag [​IMG] I was out of funds this time so didn't compete.

18. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Haven't posted in a while but here are my #8 boots: [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

What a great looking family you have there, wild! Maybe I do need some wingtip boots... Who are yours by, Wild?

20. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Excellent #8 wingtip boots sir. Always good to see your posts DpprDr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.