1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Wow, those look just beautiful. Wear them in good health.

2. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

I actually asked Ed at TSM that exact question almost verbatum, and didnt get a real answer...
    He basically said "There weren't that many..."
    I also wondered if they were new old stock (seconds).

3. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

My God, you guys have seriously brought it today with the King LWBs, the absoluely gorgeous ravello NST, king cap toe boots, etc... there is some serious game possessed by this thread, esp when you throw in the watch collections!

Today I went with what has become one of my favorite go-to casual shoes, Snuff LWBs + J Crew argyles. (However, I am itching to wear some shell this weekend... this thread is inspiring!)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Thanks for the picture. Your shoes are awesome. I hope everyone (including myself) gets what they ordered.

5. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

The coding on the inside is as follows:

0F0 / 023 8

Bootmaker Edition is written on the heel cup

[​IMG]

6. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

TSM verbage, correct?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  7. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

I ordered a pair Saturday am. I spoke to joe, he said they were a special makeup for the shoemart. What he didn't say, but I'm now guessing is, these are old dead stock. They received a few odds and ends exotics sizes 10 +. I hope mine look as good as atlvol's. :)

8. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Makes sense and also inline with the "bootmaker edition" posted above.

9. gosheik

gosheik Senior member

Maiden voyage...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. MrGuy

MrGuy Active Member

Considering the last few pages here, I do not feel too outta line posting this PSA: vintage Rolex sale on the Gilt Group site. My apologies to whomever drops $4k+ today

11. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Beautiful! May you enjoy them as much as I enjoy mine!

12. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Th

The fact that these are likely NOS, along with the awesome price, caved in my resolve today. I ordered a pair of Whiskey PTBs and can't wait to see what they're like. I skipped the Whiskey NSTs because, for some reason, they just don't do it for me. Those Ravello NSTs, though ....

13. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

The majority of these rare color shells were models offered by TSM and removed from website since they only had a few pairs left. I think in most cases they are 1st quality and a very good deal. Congrats to those who scored! Ido feel this is another sign that rare colors will be scare for the foreseeable future from Alden.

See Ya,
    Steve

14. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Holy cow, just got off the phone with Joe in Norwalk (TSM). Just snagged the last Ravello NST!! Joe says there is a Whiskey PTB in 10.5D, Whiskey NST in 10E (barrie), and a cigar cap toe bal 10.5D (hampton). It took every bit of will power not to buy the Cigar also!

Who was it that said buy now and deal with the consequences later? Namor or Bakes? You couldn't have been more correct. I had been on the fence about the RL Lindrick and Gianni for $705 shipped with tax included. I saw AltVol's NST pics and thought, I would much rather have those than the Lindrick/Gianni (I would wear them much more often). Called Joe and what do ya know... $460 shipped and should arrive by next weekend. What a deal!

I finally found them Uncle! Pics to come later...
    ps Thank you AltVol for the your timely, inspiring pics!! DonL, you are an inspiration also with those same shells! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ Congrats! That's awesome. Cannot beat that price either. Good for TSM - they could have definitely made more money if they'd wanted to.

16. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

What's the model number?

22141 is aberdeen.

17. sevenfoldtieguy

Just scrolled thru the posts I missed from earlier today and saw it is indeed 22141.

18. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

welp, looks like the ravello NSTs that should be delivered today will be going back (as I was told they were Barrie)

1 person likes this.
  19. sevenfoldtieguy

I just bet someone on this thread might PM you before you are able to return them. :D

20. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Naaahhhhh....LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.