1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OIx

OIx Well-Known Member

IMO G R E A T casual look... damn I need those asap .. are they Barrie or Leydon ?

2. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Distinguished Member

Saw this on another forum

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

There is an entire section of this forum dedicated for sales. This thread is for discussion not hawking

4. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior Member

I have a normal pair of brown cordovan that is (should be) a medium brown. I ended up getting Saphir Reno and also the natural Cordovan Cream. Absolutely fantastic. Just talking about it makes me want to polish them again tonight, which I will probably do.

I also have the navy polish for my black shoes (calf) from Saphir, another top notch product. Use very sparingly, I ruined a pair of laces because that polish STICKS.

5. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Distinguished Member

FYI - I know there has been a lot of interest in the Ralph Lauren cordovan Marlows from Alden fans - they are currently on sale (25% off) in store and online for those interested.

6. Alcibiades

FYI - I know there has been a lot of interest in the Ralph Lauren cordovan Marlows from Alden fans - they are currently on sale (25% off) in store and online for those interested.

7. Alcibiades

I highly recommend it. I alternate Alden brown paste wax and the Saphir Dark Brown Cordovan cream on my cigars. The cordovan cream adds more moisture.

8. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Distinguished Member

+1 on the RL Marlow wingtips. They'll just make you appreciate your Alden LWB's even more.

9. shaunw

shaunw Senior Member

This makes them $637 which is in line or cheaper than Alden

10. Ahab

Ahab Distinguished Member

What is the leather? For CXL I use Saphir Renovateur. It does not seem to mess up the contrast stitch. If the contrast stitch is important to you then get a separate brush for lighter shades or just use a clean rag. What sole do you have on them? Commando, cork, crepe....other?

11. Ahab

I almost picked it up but the brouging on the cap toe was a deal killer for me. Rather go with a PTB with exposed eyelets if I cannot get a cap toe without the brouging.

A boot would be a different story. Would look similar to a pair of jump boots then. :nodding:

12. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior Member

Thanks for the info. I just checked the website and don't see where you are finding this. Would you mind posting a link when you get a chance?

13. Ahab

I wonder if they are narrower? I do agree I have noticed sizing differences between shoes and boot of the same size on the same last but I am wondering if the cap toe either brings in the boot at that part of the foot or prevents even a little stretch at that point?

14. Ahab

15. Winston S.

Winston S. Distinguished Member

I think I may be a fan too. I recently picked up the Cordovan color of it and it does seem to moisturize better than Venetian or Renovateur. I have only used it on my Burgundy AE Cambridges, but that pair does not bloom as much as my other shoes where I was only using Venetian or Renovateur. I am probably going to pick up a jar of the neutral one next time I am near B. Nelson.

Here's a picture of the Burgundy to show everyone the color.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.