1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

^ those guys wear Italian shoemakers

Smh

2. str1185

str1185 Member

Given its one in the morning EST and I just got home and finished brushing my boots, and am now reading the Alden thread, I think my shell addiction might be worse than anything I can put up my nose.

Plus, at least my dealers have great websites with pretty pictures...

3. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

'Tis all in the marketing.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

5. Winterbourne

Winterbourne Senior Member

Has anyone found that J.Crew ships a wishlisted item (ie., shell cordovan cap toe boots) sooner than the given expected ship date?

6. Winterbourne

Winterbourne Senior Member

That's a great look. Did you have the pants altered at all?

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Thanks guys...hopefully if things go according to plan, I'll be back in the market sooner rather than later! Plus I will not be selling off my Blue Suede LWBs, Cigar Brixton, Ultimate #8 Jumper, and LSxSE Conservation Boot (which may be my favorite pair of shoes/boots due to just how damn comfortable that hated wedge sole is.

Probably aimed at the Japanese market, where folks have been known to pay waaaaaayyyyyy over US retail for Aldens.

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

Reposting for a little guidance

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

I feel like I am on a bad streak with the quality from Alden lately...my Ravello Chukkas had that long mark and now this off spot on the suede. I really wish for the price and the hoops needed to jump through to acquire these that I could have complete confidence in what would arrive at the end

10. Roguls

Roguls Distinguished Member

11. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Distinguished Member

Cole Haan is made in Italy?

Nice boots. Hoping the Cigar straight tip from DC will have another run so I can pick up a pair.

12. Ahab

Ahab Distinguished Member

Hi rydenfan, It is really hard for me to tell from the pic. I cannot even tell if it is a shoe or boot. I have snuff suede boots and I find the suede to be surprisingly tough. I am not the kind of guy that likes to send things back so I would probably take a really soft old toothbrush and see what happens. To me it looks like where the other shoe was rubbing it during shipping and should not be an issue.

13. ThArtOfWardrobe

ThArtOfWardrobe Senior Member

Happy inaugural Patina Sunday (if you're choosing to celebrate) and Easter (if you're into that sort of thing).

My collection is less than a year old and hasn't aged much so I've chosen a photo posted previously in this thread. Taken at Leather Soul Hawaii, both of these shoes are color 8 NSTs. This photo was originally taken and posted by member Dexter_ in 2010. Coincidentally, it appears the aged shoe's color is somewhere between a paska and kielbasa.

[​IMG]

14. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

I have seen and experienced this before. Not the norm, but a welcome surprise when it works out.
    Thank you - no, the pants are unaltered. I did do a hot wash and hot dry upon purchase to shrink them up a bit. Still probably need to be taken in in the waist and seat (very essential information based on the pic, I know...).
    :laugh: That color difference is very cool... and continues to aid me in my suspicion that all shell evolves to the same mid-brown eventually. "Rare" shell colors are, in fact, a hoax. :paranoia:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013

15. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Distinguished Member

if by wishlisted you mean a product that has a delivery date further out than normal shipping.. all 4 pair of Aldens purchased from them have arrived earlier than quoted.. I remember reading somewhere that the CEO of Jcrew admits that they would prefer to quote a date and then exceed expectation by delivering earlier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.