• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks to fellow sf'er PhiPsi32, I am the happy new owner of a brand new pair of LS CXL Jumpers. They have just a day's wear on them so far and I am loving them.
This is such a great makeup. Congratulations. :slayer:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed 100%...if I could trade in my 403s for these I'd do it in a heartbeat. The only thing I don't like is the pull tab, but that can be removed easily

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed 100%...if I could trade in my 403s for these I'd do it in a heartbeat. The only thing I don't like is the pull tab, but that can be removed easily

Just don't want them to come off and they will come off on their own. :stirpot:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a boot with pull tabs once years ago and it annoyed the hell out of me that my pants always got caught on them. I haven't had pull tabs since then and I doubt I ever will. Nothing aesthetically wrong with them, but functionally they drove me nuts.

green garden

Reaction score
Regarding the posts above.....My experience on the Barrie........Go true to size and down one width. The conventional wisdom is just to size down a half, but my experience (and Alden also suggests) is to just go down one width if you have this issue. A10c Barrie is a much better fit than 9.5d for me. Unfortunately C widths are hard to come by.
I have the same experience. My typical dress shoe size is 8D. I was fitted by the Alden store in SFO and the associated let me try the 8C and it fit really well. I've been using my 990 for about 3 months now with no issues. And yes, looking for C is very difficult to find. So the next time I find myself in the city, I may try a 7.5D and see if it works.

Just curious... Question for gforce, do you have experience with the Leydon last? Did you just use the standard width for you? Unfortunately I don't have any model outside of my 990 and I have my eye on a model from Epaulet that is on Leydon. Want to avoid a trip into the SFO store with the intention of just trying a shoe out and buying from another store.

CalceoAdamator

Reaction score

New RL Marlow Wingtip
Yes I know this is tantamount to sacrilege on this thread, but I think they'll be a great compliment to my growing family of shell cordovan shoes.
With Snapseed you can really see the different shades in the shell. My #8 PTB 990's are almost officially up for sale. Can't keep everything, or can you?

So you got them!! Awesome... Love the tones... Congrats and wear them in the best off health...

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ravello kind of day...........

These are glorious in every sense of the word. Fabulous choice.

I love how the edgetrim has been busted up a bit through wear. NIce.

Those are just gorgeous! I don't have any ravello and am incredibly envious. I'm at the point in my boot collection (and also with the current prices of shell) that I am being very particular and discerning in what I buy now. But I know that if I find a boot in ravello in my size, there will be no hesitation.

I second El Argentino's comment --- a worn-in boot has so much more character (as long as you don't need it for dressier occasions).

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks to a great seller. I always liked the makeup and they are kind of the casual little brother to my color 8 perf cap toe boots.

Funny - the thing I like about them are the pull tabs :embar:

I had a boot with pull tabs once years ago and it annoyed the hell out of me that my pants always got caught on them. I haven't had pull tabs since then and I doubt I ever will. Nothing aesthetically wrong with them, but functionally they drove me nuts.

I know what you mean about pull tabs. I have a pair of RMW Craftsman boots and the pull tabs get in the way of dressier, light weight trousers. As these are CXL, they'll be worn with heavier weight chinos and denim so I hope they won't bother me. Haven't been an issue yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads