1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REguy

REguy Senior member

I see there aren't many sizes left, but the J. Crew #8 LWBs definitely come with a black welt. I ordered a pair several coupon codes ago and returned them after speaking with several SAs about them. They were nice enough to comb through what they had, and all of them had the black welt. That being said, if you want a beefy pair of oxfords, these are the shoes for you.

1 person likes this.
  2. violethour1951

violethour1951 Senior member

Sazon, very nice montage. I need a pair of Alden suede chukkas in my wardrobe. :)

3. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

I can't say on similarity to 405s. I have only had the jcrew version indy which is the darker brown one. At least if you do buy them you know a return would be easy with jcrew .

4. Don L

Don L Senior member

I am 9.5D in other brands and in the Barrie last but I suspect I might be in between a 9.5D and 10.0D. In Aberdeen and Plaza, I go with a 10.0D due to the narow last.
    I suspect I would go 9.0D in a Truebalance but haven't tried that last yet...

5. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Didn't apply in my case. I had been checking for the color 8 LWB's for quite some time. I just happened to check the website last week and the website indicated that they were available. No BO was necessary.

6. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

Sometimes the website lists a shoe as "BACKORDERED" rather than just showing "OUT OF STOCK" (or other items - some of their vests I'm interested in are backordered right now). You can still put a backordered item in the cart and order it, you just need extra patience :)

7. sazon

sazon Senior member

cheers!

8. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

I wear 10E in AE's 5 last and wear 10D in the J Crew PCT boots. If i had to guess, the boots you ordered will be significantly too big. However, try them out. If they fit, great. If not simply return them to the nearest J Crew store? Are you having to wait several months? If so, I don't think it's worth it to have $700 (or $550 if you go them on sale) tied up for that long. I'm sorry, but I doubt they will fit.

9. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Thanks very much. That's helpful.

10. gosheik

gosheik Senior member

Anybody have a photo of this make-up in "the wild"? (Alden by Leffot LWB: Barrie Last, Color 8 Shell Cordovan, Double Waterlock Soles)
    [​IMG]

11. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

I think this thread nearly single handedly cleaned out the J Crew inventory of Aldens. [​IMG]

12. ReppTiePrepster

Actually, the Braves are a great organization that simply does not know how to win a championship. The only reason they won in 1995 is because the were up against another team that was even more clueless as to how to win (Cleveland). Y'all arguably had one of the all-time greatest pitching staffs EVER between 1991-2005, and could only muster one pennant?? Replacing the Yankees as the epitome of Sports Excellence?? Your own fans won't even show up to sell out PLAYOFF GAMES!! The Braves aren't even in Forbes' list of the top 50 most valuable sports franchises in the world. My friend, please... you must be smokin' that really strong smelling AE shell... [​IMG]It also helps to be in a perennially weak division.

In all seriousness though, it is nice to have a team that is almost always in the hunt.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  13. gosheik

gosheik Senior member

Hahaha...I know I did my part!

So, what do you guys think, could this really be an oversight on the part of J.Crew, or do you think it's intentional? I mean, how many times could a major corporation make such an accidental oversight with their promo codes, especially when they see it results in such a ridiculous (ostensibly costly in terms of their profit margin) one-day spike in Alden sales?!

14. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

IMO, these things are generally mistakes as in-store managers have been told to exclude items from sales, but they tend to be able to be selected online. I don't have any inside info, though.

15. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

These look like the Leffot pre-orders. I don't think they've actually come in yet.

16. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

1) The Braves have recently been hamstrung by a bad TV deal... While other teams are flush with TV money, the Braves are stuck in an antiquated contract that undervalues the team's importance to its local network. That deal is apparently in place for a couple of decades, so it will be tough to get out of. The Dodgers can spend whatever they want while the Braves (who have a huge, but diffuse fanbase) can't. Once the Braves to get out of that contract, though, expect the team value to rise 2) As I mentioned, the fanbase is diffuse (Atlanta isn't a dense town), so it is difficult to get to games. However, the Braves have the most fans in the region, from Virgina to Alabama to Northern Florida through Arkansas (though that approaches Cardinals territory) 3) The Braves ran into the Yankees buzzsaw in the late 1990s and some other great teams (Twins, Jays, etc). Otherwise, there would have been more titles won. 4) The Braves won the NL East (over the much more hyped Nats and Phillies) with a very young roster that will get better with age. Guys like Medlen, Minor and Teheran are years away from their prime, not to mention our young batters (Freeman, Heyward, etc). The future is very bright. 5) This series ain't over

17. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

They have done several runs, there are photos in the thread (I don't have any photos of mine available right now)

18. ReppTiePrepster

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  19. ReppTiePrepster

+1, thanks Tampa!! Not sure I will be able to keep them (Chukkas) as I am not certain the size will work.

20. ReppTiePrepster

Must be a different definition of domination and epitome/excellence. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.