• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalceoAdamator

Reaction score

Well... I'm on that Alden grind this week - so in addition to the snuff suede (J.Crew) LWB's I picked up the 9751's - LWB in Black Shell... :slayer:

Now my preorder with Leffot needs to be the Kudu LWB...

Any idea how the sizing of the RL Marlow would be? I don't know how the color would compare to Cigar or other exotic shells...

The Marlow is not as dark as Alden's cigar and I find the fit, at least for me, comparable to the Barrie last, perhaps with a slight narrowness. It's a nice shoe...

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was thinking to grab unlined suede dover in tan on Barrie last but I want to see if I can find same shoes on Laydon last. What are my chances or should I just go with Barrie..?

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Marlow is not as dark as Alden's cigar and I find the fit, at least for me, comparable to the Barrie last, perhaps with a slight narrowness. It's a nice shoe...
Thanks for the fit and color comparison. Been thinking about adding the Marlow to the collection. Mediahound, aka Phototristan, did a good review on YouTube that piqued my interest.

JermynStreet

Reaction score

I got the Black Unlined.  :fistbump:

Not sure I get the MJ reference, unless you mean moonwalk?  (Sorry, I'm slow)
What'd you get?
bigstar%5B1%5D.gif
  Glad that someone found it funny.

Edit:  Also, post more pics of those cap-toes for me to drool on?

JermynStreet

Reaction score

Thanks for the fit and color comparison. Been thinking about adding the Marlow to the collection. Mediahound, aka Phototristan, did a good review on YouTube that piqued my interest.

BTW, does Phototristan have a SF account? He's got a pretty serious collection and I think he provides valuable commentary.

Also, I'm still worried about Uncle Mac. I haven't seen any activity in 3 weeks. Considering the ease of posting with a smartphone, and for a guy who posts regularly, I'm a little worried by his lack of activity. Does anyone know him more personally?

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BTW, does Phototristan have a SF account? He's got a pretty serious collection and I think he provides valuable commentary.

Also, I'm still worried about Uncle Mac. I haven't seen any activity in 3 weeks. Considering the ease of posting with a smartphone, and for a guy who posts regularly, I'm a little worried by his lack of activity. Does anyone know him more personally?

I do not claim to know Mac "personally" but I believe that he is just away for this time; he should be back soon enough.

I am sure he will appreciate the concern.

brooklyn

Reaction score

This is good because your foot will sink in to the cork foot bed up to 1/4 of an inch and leave an imprint.  Should alleviate at least some of the snug fit.  Was it so snug that your feet were throbbing?

I didnt consider that my foot would settle. The fit was not so tight that i couldnt keep the shoe on. I am just concerned about spending so much for a pair of shoes then two weeks of wearing them they become a problem. It happened on my past 2 pair of shoes. They were fine in the store but after about month i couldnt wear them anymore

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't think I'm in love with the crepe. It looks nice with the snuff suede, but I wouldn't get it on a cordovan shoe. When these wear out, I think might try having B. Nelson put a double leather sole on them.
side shots:
To my eye the crepe looks right and good on this boot. It gives it a desert boot feel that's distinctive. I actually just ordered a pair of unlined suede ankle boots on a black crepe sole from Rancourt, with this boot as the inspiration. I really like how this one looks (nice photos and thanks for posting them, btw), but want to branch out a little in my collection. Hopefully the Rancourt version will be a good one.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've exchanged messages and he is fine, just busy

Ravello LWB today

Last edited:

shaunw

Reaction score

he's an accountant, you won't see or hear from him for another month....nothing to worry over, he's just busy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads