***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david3558

david3558 Senior member

That's a great point. My addiction to shell has made me want to buy everything in shell, even stuff I never wear.

Fellow fans, any idea if there are shell preorders out there? Someone mentioned something about rare colors on Leffot not being listed...

2. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Those are a glorious burgundy color in the sun.

3. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Seriously, those look great. I miss mine (at OP) - are those on the Grant last?

PS - The Grant, when taken TTS feels rather large in the boot - anyone know if Alden offers leather insoles directly? I've heard from Tom that they do that..

4. Don L

Don L Senior member

Bedford Cords and Cigar LHS

[​IMG]

5. The Deacon

The Deacon Senior member

:)

My Whiskey Shell LWB from TSM are enroute...

6. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

They are indeed, sir.

I think they fit fairly well. I have 10D Hampton last shoes and these 10D Grant last boots fit just as well. Granted I don't have any Grant last shoes...

7. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Show in' some cigar LHS love. Nice!

8. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Those are fantastic. Where is that make-up from? I do not think I have ever seen a perforated medallion cap toe

9. IRONHORSE

IRONHORSE Well-Known Member

Hey Guys heads up I'm going to post in the classified a LNIB Ravello Longwing 8.5d Barrie from Alden DC. Own it for couple months. PM me if interested. Just thought to offer here first.:happy:

10. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

My size! Must resist :embar:

11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

You should be the same size in the Trubalance and Barrie. Long wings are classic, and whether they would be ideal for a wedding or interview really all depends on you and on the circumstances. You can be sure #8 LWBs have been worn to both, and probably with pin stripes. There are gentlemen here who can offer more advice on pairing #8 with suits than I can. That being said, the style, with its heft and broguing, is on the less formal side as you mention. They are going to go very well with denim and chinos. And a black calf cap toe from AE is probably a good shoe to have in your wardrobe. Take care of it and you'll always have a conservative shoe when you need it. AE does go on sale too, so keep your eye out for that. You can sign up for emails from AE themselves, and Sherman Brothers offers sale prices too. And speaking of, I definitely recommend visiting Sherman Brothers. It is a classy operation and, as I recall from the last time I was in the store, the Aldens had prices on the soles that were lower than those listed online. I think you may get a little bit of a discount for shopping in store (and no worries about sales tax when shopping in Pa., of course). The Philly guys on this thread may be able to confirm this.

12. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Frank is correct about PA sales tax. There isn't any on clothes typically, but it depends. Like there is tax on cleats or golf shoes because they are considered non-essentials, but no tax on $700 dress shoes because they are considered very essential. [​IMG]

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I have a question about the Plaza last, do most go up .5 in length and width or only length? My 8D Barrie boots fit well and I could not fit into an 8D Grant as it was way too tight. I am unsure as to whether I would be an 8.5D or 8.5E on the Plaza...

14. jdpirtl22

jdpirtl22 Well-Known Member

I go 1/2 size down in barrie. grant and plaza run true to size

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.