***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevent

stevent Senior member

Barneys seems to have FSR first day of second drops or shoes just get added during second drop at 40% or 60% off, usually can get most models then and if not a few days later when people return first round. Think I've only missed one shoe the past 3 sales that I wanted. And leather soul drops prices before it gets announced so you usually have a good shot. I'm 11 in general though and bigger sizes seem to last a bit longer so maybe I'm a bit biased

Back to Alden discussion, does Alden have a loden suede at all? Seen the loden leather but would like a suede boot for spring

2. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Ravello and whiskey LHS are hard to come by anytime, and, when available, they are snatched up rather quickly. Call alden SF - they may still have a few whiskey LHS in stock.

Color 8 LHS is a good option. Wore mine today ....

3. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

If you do go #8, get the unlined version from Brooks Brothers. If you have a corporate discount, you might be able to get them 30%. Not sure if that sale is still going on. You'd have to order them online though, they won't discount them in store.

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Ugh. For all my time on this thread, I just barely tonight visited FransBoone for the first time.

They have both the Paratrooper Boot in #8 (Grant) and the PT Boot in Cigar (Barrie?) available in my size. :decisions: HALP!!

If any of y'all with 20+ collections going, how about we spread the love here...? :D I'll pm all of you my paypal account. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have collected enough duties so as to fund dem boots.

5. 925

925 Well-Known Member

+1

i got my whiskey LWB from AOC, defected with no picture provided but i'm happy for what i got
    and he do accept retirn

6. piercef0rmvp

piercef0rmvp Member

Is it possible for a cobbler to replace the rubber dovetail on a pair of Aldens?

I just got a bargain pair of Alden wingtips (my first pair) and they are generally in excellent condition, but the rubber dovetails are a bit worn down and I wouldn't mind replacing them.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  7. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior member

Indeed. For the lowly fee of $4.95 per card, one gets the wonderful privilege of not upsetting the marital applecart. Combined with the fact that dear wife thinks all my Aldens look the same and they are all stored in their little white bags, it's hard to tell exactly how many Aldens one has or when each was bought. This is why I haven't been able to take a family photo of the collection yet [​IMG]

Only catch is that the cards have an upper limit of $500. This usually isn't a problem, even for AofC. Just tell them exactly how many cards you want to make your purchase with.

8. docalden2013

When did you score the whiskey lwbs? I've been on the hunt for an 8.5d barrie...

9. docalden2013

Announcement: addict twitches in corner awaiting fix

One more time: re Plaza fit, 8.5d barrie / trubalance, 9d grant = 9d Plaza, right? Anyone? Anyone?

Bonus points if you know the following line from Boyz n the Hood: "You got some rock? You got some blow? I'll..."

10. docalden2013

I've been able to stop myself from mainlining. However, the second most visited website in my history is the weather channel, which is checked regularly to figure out when the shells get worn. Sadly, mostly cloudy/rainy here in the northeast. Chance of snow remains for thursday afternoon.

Is it a bad sign if I considered buying the shell cordovan watch strap from Leffot for my Breitling?

11. docalden2013

Let's go with the Titanic buddy system: you jump, I jump, ok?

12. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Ok, but you first.LOL

13. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

I don't know, I'm just saying what mine cost about 3 months ago. AND I was charged an additional $121 for duties and customs. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining Frans has great customer service and was very helpful, I just want people to be aware of the potential total cost which for me all total was about $940.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  14. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

I do have a corp card but I thought that is only 15% discount?

15. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

"...I'll s--k your d--k!"

Uttered by none other than Chris Rock's Oscar worthy performance as Pookie, IIRC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.