• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

laughter95

Reaction score
you really need to go into the store to try these on to make sure the fit is alright. I would have ended up with a loose shoe if I went tts and got regular width. These aren't cheap and they really don't like for you to buy them and return after you've walked in them. The bottom shows wear quickly, even on carpet.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mg428
I believe he waited for these:

http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Alde...ack_16961.html

Actually, I was waiting for the same pair gnatty has, like these:
2R_40517H.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FatMod
I'm considering either suede chukka or the indy but not sure to go with a UK7 (US8) of size up.

Can someone please advise what size I should be looking at if I take a 7.5Uk (8.5 US) in Trickers?

You need to provide more information such as what specific Tricker's you wear.
See the comments from Tom at http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/201...kiki/#comments regarding Tricker's fitting similar to the Barrie.
Barrie last fits about the same as Tru-Balance so the Indy in 8.5US perhaps would fit.
But I've also seen comments about Tricker's fitting TTS in which case you'd want a 8US Indy.

Either way though, don't size down on the unlined suede chukkas. The US8 is almost certainly going to be too small.

FatMod

Reaction score
thanks zippyh - I wear a few pairs of Bourton which seems like it could be similair to the Barrie last & I think you are right that the 8.5 in the Indy may be suitable. I was thrown a little by Nittygritty store as they say size down by half.

I think I'm going to pick up the chukkas first & may aim for indys a little later in the year so will up to the 9 on these. Shame there doesn't seem to be any half sizes this side of the water!

thanks for the help.

riff

Reaction score
Figured I should start posting after all this time!
smile.gif

From yesterday...

waywt1-53.jpg

Leathersoul cigar Indys on double leather sole.

FatMod, I have a pair of Trickers Stowe in 7.5 regular fitting, while my Indys are an 8D. The Trickers are a higher volume boot, though. So the 8.5 may be best for you. Cheers!

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Actually, I was waiting for the same pair gnatty has, like these:

I kind of like the black sole on yours, RFX45. It's different and will probably look pretty good when it gets dirty and banged up a bit.

That said, it's frustrating when you pay, wait, and then...surprise! Unfortunately, it's best to expect the unexpected from Alden.

btw, if anyone's interested, I have a near new pair of J.Crew indy's in size 10D up for trade for the same boot (or the similar 403) in size 9.5D. I wanted to try the 10D with full insoles--an experiment that didn't really work.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FatMod
thanks zippyh - I wear a few pairs of Bourton which seems like it could be similair to the Barrie last & I think you are right that the 8.5 in the Indy may be suitable. I was thrown a little by Nittygritty store as they say size down by half.

I think I'm going to pick up the chukkas first & may aim for indys a little later in the year so will up to the 9 on these. Shame there doesn't seem to be any half sizes this side of the water!

thanks for the help.

I wear a 11.5 Uk in the Bourton and wear a us 12 in the Indy boot. Careful as Trickers only consider there's a 1/2 size gap between UK and us sizing.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbhewee
I wear a 11.5 Uk in the Bourton and wear a us 12 in the Indy boot. Careful as Trickers only consider there's a 1/2 size gap between UK and us sizing.

I think it depends upon the specific model line as to whether they consider a full or 1/2 size difference between US/UK sizing. See the Tricker's thread in Men's Clothing.

Of course you've got actual experience so I hope FatMod listens to you.

saracen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughter95
these are the unlined. tonight i went out in them... maybe it was drunkenness but i definitely perceived that by the end of the night they weren't so bothersome. which chukka do you use urself?
I don't own Alden chukkas but the two pair that I do (diff brands) have (one of which is unlined) stretched. That's why I said "I believe....", because they are not lined and don't have a reinforced toebox. Only makes sense.

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbhewee

+1
I wear a sz10 (UK) in Trickers Bourton and 10.5 US in Indy's Trubalance last.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by riff
Figured I should start posting after all this time!
smile.gif

From yesterday...

Leathersoul cigar Indys on double leather sole.

FatMod, I have a pair of Trickers Stowe in 7.5 regular fitting, while my Indys are an 8D. The Trickers are a higher volume boot, though. So the 8.5 may be best for you. Cheers!

Cigar + Indy = Fantastic. Great boots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads