***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

I find it fits similarly to the Hampton, but somewhat elongated in the toe box.

2. slappy

slappy Senior member

Ive really only tried on barrie and trubalance, 11D seems fine. So basically 11.5D?

3. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

^ I'm a 7.5C in the Hampton and a 7C in the Barrie, so that seems reasonable assuming your foot is normal shape.

4. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

5. APK

APK Senior member

No kidding. If I had the cash, my dress shoe needs could be satiated in one stop.

6. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    ravello full strap

7. slappy

slappy Senior member

Im wary about ordering from him because Ive read that the Aberdeen last can be tricky to fit. I dont want to drop 475, then find out the shoes dont fit. 11.5D in Aberdeen might be fine, I just cant say

8. saracen

saracen Well-Known Member

Given that there is Alden written on the commando sole, wouldn't the second scenario seem more likely?

I was thinking the same, but I'm sure Shoemart has a good enough relationship with Alden that they either sent these to them or Alden sent the soles to Shoemart.

Either way, in the end it doesn't matter, (was just wondering about it) because those shoes are absolutely beautiful and a great deal as seconds. they have a tan pair in my size right now that i'm eyeing.

9. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

I was thinking the same, but I'm sure Shoemart has a good enough relationship with Alden that they either sent these to them or Alden sent the soles to Shoemart.

Either way, in the end it doesn't matter, (was just wondering about it) because those shoes are absolutely beautiful and a great deal as seconds. they have a tan pair in my size right now that i'm eyeing.

HEH! Yes they are. Another reason I think the commando soles were put on by The Shoe Mart is that these do not have the circle R for seconds and also they came in the normal green box, not one of the tan/off white boxes that seconds come in.

10. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

I've just picked up the Alden suede chukkas in dark brown, size 9C. 9D fit perfectly in the toebox but the heel was a bit loose. The 9C heel is much better for me, but the toebox is a little bit snug. Is it safe for me to expect that the toebox will continue to stretch and thus be more comfortable? I'm finding, however, that right now the midfoot stitching is a little tight. Also, the back lip of the shoe is chafing. Is this normal?

Should I keep these or return for 9D? If they do stretch out, it sounds like this was the best width.

11. saracen

saracen Well-Known Member

I've just picked up the Alden suede chukkas in dark brown, size 9C. 9D fit perfectly in the toebox but the heel was a bit loose. The 9C heel is much better for me, but the toebox is a little bit snug. Is it safe for me to expect that the toebox will continue to stretch and thus be more comfortable? I'm finding, however, that right now the midfoot stitching is a little tight. Also, the back lip of the shoe is chafing. Is this normal?

Should I keep these or return for 9D? If they do stretch out, it sounds like this was the best width.

Since no one has replied yet, I'll give you my two cents. If these are the unlined chukkas (no reinforced toe box) then I believe they will definitely stretch. The leather is thinner and softer and will give after a while. The D width may become a bit sloppy down the road. However, if these are lined, then I think the toe box is reinforced and it will not stretch.

12. Razele

Razele Senior member

New leather soul plaza lasted chocolate suede boot are sexy.

I might have to drop my kop hammer.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Waited 7 months for these. It is different from the ones I've seen though, this one has a black sole and the top part of the mid-sole turns brown.
    [​IMG]

Pic of the black cork sole.
    [​IMG]

Quick fit pic.
    [​IMG]

14. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

was it a collab or did you just wait 7 months for shipping

15. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

Since no one has replied yet, I'll give you my two cents. If these are the unlined chukkas (no reinforced toe box) then I believe they will definitely stretch. The leather is thinner and softer and will give after a while. The D width may become a bit sloppy down the road. However, if these are lined, then I think the toe box is reinforced and it will not stretch.

these are the unlined.

tonight i went out in them... maybe it was drunkenness but i definitely perceived that by the end of the night they weren't so bothersome.

which chukka do you use urself?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.