1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDV

MrDV Distinguished Member

White smoke: sazon's boots have been elected "aldens of the day".

2. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Distinguished Member

[​IMG] New Alden x J Crew cap toe boots arrived today. [​IMG] Thankfully they came at the same time along with a pkg. from the Hanger Project. The 12in. Mortimer shoe horn is awesome, and the perfect length for putting on boots. The deer bone was immediately useful because the left shoe had a small scratch. [​IMG] Using the bone and brush the scratch disappeared as if it was never there. [​IMG] In a side by side comparison with my LWB's you can see that the Ravello's are longer, but that the widest part of the shoes meet in the same position. Same Barrie last but a different construction. These are my first Alden boots and will take some getting used to. Thanks to Uncle Mac for the Method. Otherwise I'd be running outside like a kid. [​IMG] First day on the Mac Method.[​IMG]

3. irbe

irbe Distinguished Member

^so nice, I have to wait till June for mine :(

4. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Distinguished Member

Damn those Cap Toe Bluchers are sexy.

5. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Distinguished Member

Alden for BB color 8 PTB.:nodding:

6. sevenfoldtieguy

I don't care if others do it, but .......... I can't bring myself to wear any model of balmoral with jeans (whether shoes or boots). Personally, it just doesn't feel right, or look right. A casual balmoral is an oxymoron. Others will disagree, and I have no problem with that.

7. sevenfoldtieguy

I am the first to say Alden's QC has issues - serious issues. That said, the customer service I have received at Alden SF over the years has been nothing but first-class.

8. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Senior Member

don't know about you, but when i fly my feet tend to swell. therefore, i prefer shoes with laces.

9. Dbc0919

Dbc0919 Senior Member

Too many great replies to quote all, but thanks to all who responded to my query about wax for Ravello LWBs. Still unclear about difference between Saphir Renovateur and Safir neutral cordovan cream, if anyone knows. Also, any recommendations for a product to use on Leffot Blue suede LWBs? They haven't been out of box since Jan. purchase and weather's finally getting better.

10. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Distinguished Member

^ That story really irks me as well. I've had good experiences with SF, but I don't doubt your story. Which rep was it? or don't you want to name names? Ridiculous that they'll admit to knowingly sending you a flawed shoe for $800 dollars, and then taking that attitude when you are unsatisfied. I've actually gotten in to the habit of asking the rep to look at the shoes before I buy them, and if someone has already creased them or anything like that, I abort.
    Welcome, like I said, only if they are slightly tight. If they are more than slightly tight, probably won't work out. I have a narrow heel too. 9.5D TTS > 9C Van.

11. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Distinguished Member

That makes sense, but I was thinking more of taking shoes on and off to get through security, where no laces would be a plus. Also I don't think I've ever noticed my feet swelling while flying.

12. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Distinguished Member

Sahphir reno contains turpentine

Saphir Cordovan Cream does not, and is neatsfoot oil based.

I've heard that the neutral will darken whiskey and ravello, but don't have any first-hand experience.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013

13. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

This. Sigged.

14. Alpina

Alpina Senior Member

Right? Why, thank you.

15. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior Member

Not exactly a paean to maidenhood ;)

I think courtship might be the exception to this axiom. I have known some that were not perfect when pristine, but less improved by the patina.

In all instances, it was never wrong to start out well shod.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.