***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ those captoes are amazing, I love seeing pics of them here. I wish they would have been produced in my size...if I remember correctly I don't think they were made in any sizes bigger than 11.

2. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Hmmm, strange..let me know if you want the upcoming makeup list from LS. I always deal with Oki and he's stand up person.

3. Don L

Don L Senior member

EP Duck Rivets
    Ravello LWB
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  4. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

The Grail, the greatest make up in the history of Alden. A bold statement I know. I haven't had the opportunity to see color#4 in person. Where did you acquire those amazing boots?

5. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Speechless...these are amazing.

6. Alpina

Alpina Senior member

More captoes (grant) and denim for a springlike Wednesday...

[​IMG]

...not like yesterday, when I was thankful to be dry and comfortable walking through puddles and riding in a downpour.

[​IMG]

And on the commando sole discussion: I feel they are soft in that they are comfortable, but I have found them to be long-wearing as well. I have worn these 2-3 times a week for 16 months and the heel is no more worn down than I could expect.

[​IMG]

7. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

PSA

I was in Portland, ME for business and stopped by David Wood Clothiers yesterday (adjacent to a very cool sf affiliate, Portland Dry Goods). He had a few Alden models at 40% off including the unlined suede chukka in Navy, Dark Brown and Snuff. Limited sizes available but an outstanding deal for a great spring/summer shoe. I don't know if he ships but it may be worth a call if interested.

I've owned the tan version 1494 for a few yrs and love them. I picked up the snuff earlier this year. It's the Leydon last but because they are unlined, suede and a blucher they fit my high volume, slightly wide feet TTS.

8. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

Quick question for owners of the BB unlined penny - will they stretch at all? I purchased TTS but down 1 width, 12C, and they are fine in the length and in the heel but tight across the strap. They feel like they've stretched a touch in the five minutes that I've worn them but want to make sure before I return and backorder an 11.5D. Thanks!

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ just called to try for a size 12 in the navy suede chukka, but the biggest they have is 11.5D :( Too bad, I've been looking for something in navy suede for a while, would have been killer to get it at 40% off!

But this is a great PSA, I suggest calling sooner rather than later to lock down your size before they sell out.

10. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Wow, I'd say those are wearing like iron if they are getting worn 2-3 times a week for 16 months! They look like they are ready for their next 16 months and still may not be ready for resoling. [​IMG]

11. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Yeah, I'm glad someone said this - my cigar captoes and 405 Indy boots on commando soles are showing very little wear on the soles after a lot of solid wear. I find Alden's commando sole very durable. I also find the crepe sole is durable as well.

12. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Looks like we are about a month or so away from suede season - Here is a photo from the Leffot tumblr to get people ready (two of these are Aldens)

[​IMG]

13. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

14. Randomore

Randomore Senior member

Want some input from you guys on what you think my first Alden should be. I am having difficulty deciding.

I am leaning towards a boot. But I love the LWB as well. What do you guys think? Is there a versatile shoe that I shouldn't miss right now?

15. Don L

Don L Senior member

^^ Go Wing Tip Boot and get both ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.