1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildstar

wildstar Senior member

Bummer man, sorry to hear that, I know you've been looking, seemed like a good deal.

2. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Yea. Maybe next time. Maybe it's cause I'm supposed to be buying more shell...

3. matt92037

matt92037 Well-Known Member

I get really excited when I buy an Alden shoe on a last I have never tried on and it ends up fitting really, really well. Though not Ravello from Alden DC, these #8's from Alden Madison will get the job done.

September may turn out to be a good shoe month if Leffot receives the pre-order for the Brown CXL plain toe boot.

[​IMG]

4. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

Thanks mdubs for the quick reply and some additional details as to the purpose of the leather tip. Excessive grip must mean falling flat on your face. Wearing straight crepe and texting could lead to some "funniest video" opportunities. Interested to hear if others have experienced the clicking noise. I was concerned it was a defective shank issue which a cobbler couldn't repair.

thanks again
    Duck OB (Mike)

5. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Those are some awesome Shortwing Balmorals. I am deeply considering dropping my Color 8 AE Cambridges in favor of the Alden... -Mike

6. sazon

sazon Senior member

Came home to Color 8 Captoe boots on the Plaza from J. Gilbert. My 2nd pair in 3 months with the lucky Horween stamp. I heard if you get 3 in six months you get a free pair of Ravello LWBs.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Nice! Lets see a few more pics of the boot

8. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Very cool. My tongues are green...

9. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

anyone familiar with which Alden store tends to get cigar in? talked with Kathy today and she said cigar LWB aren't in the pipeline for her..

10. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

I would try Alden SF, The Shoe Mart, or Frans Boone... SF doesnt seem to want to confirm anything for rare colors right now though... DC focuses on the Ravello for their rare LWB make ups right now...

-Mike

11. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

yeah, Kathy mentioned that she doesn't really dabble in cigar (though she did mention the SF "thor" boot today but had no update.

I think kathy said she had an 11.5C ravello chukka instock, and *maybe* a cigar captoe boot but I cant recall the size. will try and ascertain on thursday. my wallet hopes its not my size

I didnt think to ask the gentleman at the madison store last week what else might be in the pipeline.

fransboone has 2-3 pair that I like but the crepe sole kills it

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  12. sazon

sazon Senior member

another shot of the J. Gilbert #8 captoe
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Boy is that pretty! Congrats, Sazon.

14. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

^^^^

plaza?

if so, and with all eyelets, I'd dump my jcrew pcts tonight

15. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Gotcha, yeah I am not a fan of the Crepe either. Frans did have a few left on double oaks a few months ago...

-Mike

16. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

That last Cigar captoe boot they got in was super dark, almost black. I tried to squeeze my foot into an 8 because I wanted the boot so bad and I also have a bit of room in an 8.5D Grant, but it was a no go.

I would go or the Frans Boone personally. I am not a huge crepe sole fan either but his makeups are great, service is excellent and once you wear through the sole you can send them to B Nelson and get a different sole

17. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

18. sazon

sazon Senior member

Thanks Tifosi!

Yes, its on the Plaza. But not all eyelets...4 speed hooks.

I've been lusting after this boot for 3 years! Only comes around about once a year, and seems to totally sell out before it even hits the website.

19. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

trust me, the thought has crossed my mind (enough that I check exchange rates weekly lol)

the cigar indys have my attention, but at the minimal frequency that I wear through the rotation, it would take forever to need a resole.

sadly, I'm coming to the conclusion that it's time to thin the herd..

20. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

According to their site, Frans still has the Cigar LWBs in 10.5d in stock...

-Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.