***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior member

huh?

2. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Can the BB corporate discount card be used online? I think I have done it before, but am not able to figure it out right now. Trying to take advantage of the 30% off that was talked about.

3. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

Apparently the buyer is supposed to ship them back to me on his dime (at least that part is reasonable), and then he gets a refund for the purchase price.

I don't know man. Whatever his motivation, it's clear he didn't ultimately care who made them, because he escalated it to a formal claim after I gave him all that evidence of the maker. Maybe some buyer's remorse and he figured there's nothing to lose if he files a claim (after all, if PayPal decided in favor of me, nothing happens)?

4. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

I have been able to use the corporate discount online in the past, but ever since BB's semi-recent website update, I have not been able to use it online.

I think the 30% corporate discount is supposed to come after the current sale.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013

5. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

in for answer. I might break my suede cherry

6. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Ya, I thought it was supposed to start at Midnight ET, no?

7. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

thanks for the kind words gentlemen.

8. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

be, that combo is killer

9. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Bump... Any advice on this? Also, any ideas why my posts seem to take 24 hours to appear, and by the time they do, they are buried in the thread?

10. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

sazon, i love mine as well. mine are from leffot with comando sole. i mainly wear mine with jeans and chinos.

11. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

It was mentioned earlier that it starts on the 14th. I was trying to play around with it for the first time on some cordovan, and I don't see where I would enter the corp. discount card #... unless the % is taken off automatically after I enter my CC info, which I haven't tried yet.

12. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

MrDV, you are too kind sir. Thank you very much.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013

13. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I have the Color #8 chukkas but still want a pair of the brown CXL chukkas as well. The leather on each is different enough that I wouldn't feel like the boots were too similar. If one likes chukkas, they can both have a place in your wardrobe.

14. hypomnema

hypomnema Senior member

I took my Brixtons in to VIP shoe repairs (which I guess is B Nelson?) to have my heels replaced. They seemed to have really sanded down the edges in the back. I guess I can go over it with an edge dressing, but has anyone else experienced this with them? I've heard such good things about them here, but they cost twice what my usual cobbler costs and they take twice as long to get the work done.
    [​IMG]

15. Dr. D

Dr. D Senior member

The Brooks sale is next Thursday, the 14th.

Since they redid the website, you now just add your corporate card info to your profile once and it remembers you each time you login. The problem is that you cannot see the discount until the last page where you verify your order. Go through checkout and put in your payment info and proceed to the next page (you can still back out after this step). At this last "place your order" page you can then finally see the discount that is applied. If you want to test it out the everyday corporate discount of 15% should be applied on that last page today.

As a reminder, add any cordovans you might want to your cart by Wed. In the past Brooks has removed all evidence of these shoes during major sales and sometimes you can't find them even if you search by their catalog number. However, I have found that if cordovans are saved in your cart before the sale starts then they should still be there during the sale, although if you delete them (to change a size or color, for example) then they disappear. So add everything you think you might be interested in to your cart early and decide on Thursday.

While they may have changed things, I can verify that I did this procedure for the last corporate sale in October and it worked fine. And this was after they had switched to the new website design.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.