1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpina

Alpina Senior Member

Regardless of page settings, that's 45K posts, folksa staggering amount of Alden.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Distinguished Member

^ looks awesome. Only sticklers would say it's not a "dress" shoe because its a blucher, but I could easily wear this with a suit.

3. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Distinguished Member

really wish I would have jumped on those Atoms [​IMG]

4. Steel28

Steel28 Distinguished Member

^^

Leffot Atoms every single detail look amazing from that photo. Mine scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013

5. meso

meso Distinguished Member

Mainly because they are worn with dress slacks. Those could easily go with jeans.

6. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Distinguished Member

This describes one of the beauties of Alden shoes, IMO - they can credibly go with both.

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

I am really torn between a brown CXL chukka and a #8 chukka with a commando sole. I know they are very different make ups but I keep going back and forth

8. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

No, CXL doesn't need anything special compared to other leathers. Brush frequently and use products sparingly.

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Distinguished Member

Got an update from NRO on my order from 6-8 months ago....it's been so long I can't quite remember exactly when I ordered. I called yesterday and actually talked to a helpful (!) SA. Her name was Courtney and she was brand new there. She said he would look into it and let me know when she found out what was taking so long. Today, she actually called back to let me know she spoke with Alden and they gave her an estimate of 4 weeks until I can expect my shoes. Maybe NRO saw all the terrible reviews out there and decided to hire a helpful SA?

In any case, I'm actually hopeful I will get my shoes relatively soon. I know Alden takes forever, but their previous customer service was beyond horrible. I like that I got to speak to a real human on the phone and they finally gave me some tangible information.

10. Numbernine

Numbernine Distinguished Member

I am really confused about the buyers motivation .He bought what. he thought were alden shoes you more than proved they were alden shoes .Whats his beef ?? E bay I understand they are just covering their ass logic be damned.

11. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior Member

thanks. as i mentioned recently, i purchased the natural cxl chukka from pelle line and they had the double waterloc, which i got topy'd after i almost pulled a hamstring on a wet marble floor. the cobbler mentioned he needed to use a different glue because of the oil in the waterloc sole. no problems so far and it's been a couple of months.

i was always bummed i missed the LS version also, then they popped up at TSM - only problem is i purchased the natural cxl just a couple of months ago. Still unsure if I will keep them, need to compare the two in person to see if i can justify keeping them both.

12. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior Member

Actually Alden may ban sales. I suppose they can't physically stop them, but Alden puts into their contracts that their shoes may not be put on sale. The reseller operates at his own risk.

Under the Uniform Commercial Code, which governs sales in the US, manufacturers may place conditions on the resale of items that are not unconscionable. Alden's reasoning behind it is that they don't want to cheapen their brand.

13. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior Member

I've used it on my SWBs and the beautiful finish remains.

14. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Distinguished Member

is it more of a MAP scenario, or a unilateral policy?

15. Numbernine

Numbernine Distinguished Member

yes and yes
    yes and yes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.