1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Awesome.
    1. Ordering Venetian shoe cream tonight. 2. Perfect example of other brands having a place here. 3. They have to be the best looking mcneils I've seen.
    Great job. You've moved me to brush some shell tonight.

2. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Could someone tell me about the black boots, second from the very bottom right? They seem like a plain toe black shell? Very sleek looking boot. Overall, very very impressive collection.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

has anyone used Obenauf's LP Boot Preservative on their alden shell boots? does the leather soak it up? im anxious to prep for the weather weather. Also for the leather sole'd boot owners, conditioning leather outsoles with venetian is a great way to keep a lot of the moisture rain/snow from soaking into the leather outsole thus preserving the shape and maintaining the longevity

4. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

That combo works so well together.

Lovely picture of a job well done. I spent an hour this morning doing the same while the kids commandeered the living room for Saturday morning cartoons.

Stunning assortment Alcibiades! That's a great set of images.

5. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior member

Great shine on these. Question, and sorry, don't mean to single you out Patrick. Why is your right boot twisting like that? Do you use shoe trees? My snuff chukkas seem to do the same and I keep trees in them.

6. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I guess it is more of a royal. Thanks for the comment!

7. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Pricing is offensive. Too bad.

8. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

patrick, I smile every time I see your J Crew pct's. Thanks for doing the VSC field test, I'll have to pick some up.

9. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

No rain today[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. wildstar

wildstar Senior member

Looking good man!

11. wildstar

wildstar Senior member

Thanks for the VSC review and the review! I think of all the boots in this thread, these are my favorite. They have a great patina but look very well maintained. I have these boots on order at JC can't wait until the come in! Great boots and great pics!

12. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

I love the patina that emerges between the perforations and the lacing on this particular boot. The shade of color 8 created by the creasing is stunning. These are my favorite Alden boots. (I only one one pair) [​IMG] Wear often and in great health my friend... you too patrick_B!

13. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

Thx, I am totally happy with these! And big props to Patrick B for taking such awesome evo pics of his boots. I have so far followed in your suit on these and the osb trench boots (pls stay clear of Vibergs, as I only have one other kidney at this point :D )

14. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Whether Reno, VSC, or another conditioner, treating the outsoles from time to time, shoes and boots, has worked well for me.

15. sazon

sazon Senior member

Alcibiades: Awesome collection Sir. Bravo!

16. sazon

sazon Senior member

Funny you should ask...Yenni emailed me Friday and said the #8 captoe/plaza boots had arrived !

17. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I agree!

Patrick: Great job with the VSC. I have been waiting till I ordered a pair of shoes from somewhere that carried it to get some. I mainly want it for my CXL, but maybe I'll give it a shot on shell.

18. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

You know I've never really noticed it until your post. I use trees so I'm not sure why it happens. Perhaps a combination of my gait and that particular boot's manufacture.

1 person likes this.
  19. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

beautiful boots patrick_b.

when 'on order' purchases are made with j crew, is your card charged when order is shipped?

20. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

mmmmmmm captoe plaza!
    I was just in contact with Yenni on Friday about the shell Indy order. Not the good news you heard. I guess another month or so won't hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.