• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who's gonna be the first to break the 8 Handle? We should get a pool going here.

I think after my pre-orders this year come through I have to get out of the game as well. Unless I can sell a pair, no new pairs. My COLAs at work surely aren't keeping up with it...

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was holding out for cigar lwb, might just grab these atoms ughhhh

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After all this dour, anti-cordo talk, just thought I'd throw these up; Leffot has a pretty decent size run.

Alden x Leffot Atom Blucher in Cigar

I want to like these, and I appreciate the fact that they aren't on the barrie, but I think I prefer a traditional shortwing blucher or longwing.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking a lot about this very issue of how to know when one is done gathering Aldens (cf, Freud's paper "Analysis Terminable and Interminable"). It's been a very expensive month after having been caught up in the wonderful pictures you guys have been sharing and in the exuberance we all have for these awesome shoes. I imagine my Alden collection hardly begins to approximate the depth and breadth of what you long-time aficionados have going on in the shoe closet, but I've already found in this short span of time that I have yet to wear through a complete batting rotation. Moreover, the Alden virus has not only decimated my former AE fever, but makes me feel guilty about skipping the red AE shoe bags every morning. How many of you guys actually wear shoes from other brands (and, no, the sneakers you wear to the gym don't count!)

Just curious, how do you guys decide which Aldens (or other shoe brands, for that matter) to wear? I feel like it's time to start adhering to going through the batting rotation just to make it worth the money spent.

That said, every time you guys talk about another fascinating makeup, I can't help but say to myself, "I could definitely make good use out of that. My kid doesn't really need a college fund, does he?"

Of course, this might just be my own idiosyncratic neurosis; but, I'd be relieved if I'm not the only one afflicted.
shog%5B1%5D.gif

I've got 7 Pairs of Aldens, all shell.

LHS - Black, 8, Cigar
Tassel - 8, Cigar
PCT - Black 8

Today I wore my Espresso Shell Rancourt Blake Boots

Bean Boots when its real ugly or walking the dogs off-road

got black and brown Gucci Horse-bit loafers

Brown Suede Tod's driving mocs

another pair of brown calf hand-sewn penny loafers (Peal & Co from BB)

will probably buy a pair of Rancourt CXL Boat-like shoes (custom hybrid design I have been cooking up)

New balances when I dress it down.

...already an excessive collection by any other standard than ours.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks, that's helpful since I have a pair of Whiskey LWB on their waitlist!

Man, all I am looking for now:

-Whiskey boots, prefer NST (Barrie from Leffot) but will take anything, maybe Indy from Alden NY
-Cigar boots, prefer NST (Barrie from LS) but will probably settle for an Indy or straight tip
-#8 wingtip boots (Barrie) with natural edge. I know LS had these and Union did something like this
-#8 PTB with natural edge... anyone know to find these?

This would settle my 1 pair of boots & 1 pair of shoes per color

that all you are looking for?

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, if I wear 8.5D in Barrie last, should I go for the same size in Tremont?

thanks

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rennavate, have you seen Rancourt's whiskey (they call it caramel) penny? In my opinion it looks great, and having pair of Rancourts (Eldric for RL), can speak to the quality. They are on my list to order in the spring.

I haven't. Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads