• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure how I feel about the Plaza last. Does anyone have a killer photo that will make me run out and get some Plaza last immediately? :paranoia:

Tried to find a few. Hope this helps. :devil:

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jcrew 20 % off code: CYW3FF4MZ for someone who needs.
Gosh darn it all to Timbuktu. I saw the promo code, went to the J Crew website, and almost bought some #8 cap toe boots. Would have done it even without the code except I remembered I've got the Leffot Naval Boot on pre-order. I've seen so many wonderful boots here lately that its been hard to resist not buying every possible Alden boot make-up pictured, or even rumoured to exist. Is it just me, or has anyone else had these shell cordovan cravings?

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hypomnema

Reaction score
Eyeing those suede longwings with crepe sole on j crew's site. I hear crepe is really comfortable, but what's the consensus on how long it lasts? I'm in NYC so I do a lot of walking. Just wonder if its worth it, assuming I got the discount.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How does the Plaza last fit? Narrower than Barrie, I suppose? I wear a 10D on Barrie, so would I be 10E on Plaza probably?

i second this. barrie size, and e width. i would recommend the same for grant last

Last edited:

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i second this. barrie size, and e width. i would recommend the same for grant last

You think increasing width one size (9 D to 9 E) is more reliable than increasing length (9 D to 9.5 D)?

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, thats been my experience. going tts causes too much creasing

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PSA

Not my cup of tea, but if somebody is likes the George Boot, Orvis currently has them on sale down from $498 to $354. It looks like there are only a couple sizes available though (10 and 12).

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=3C47

jkater1

Reaction score

How does the Plaza last fit? Narrower than Barrie, I suppose? I wear a 10D on Barrie, so would I be 10E on Plaza probably?

10d in Barrie fits me perfect and I just got my first plaza in a 10.5d and it is also a great fit.

violethour1951

Reaction score
Did any one know that Ravello is actually the name of a town in southern Italy, along the Amalfi coast? I wonder if that locale inspired the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads