Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

thats all that matters :)

I'm impulsive, but I'll prolly just wait until someone stateside offers whatever it is I'm looking for

2. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Expensive yes, but very very unusual. If you want them, can afford them, and they have your size... :)

3. sazon

sazon Senior member

This 4th day of the work week brings the need for the #4Captoe boot. I always seem to wear these with the same 2 suits. I need to get some variety in my life.
    [​IMG]

4. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I've braved the import fees and bought from Frans Boone a few times and have always been pleased with my purchases. I think that they consistently have the most interesting make-ups available of any of the retailers that have a good selection of Alden (Leffot, Unionmade, Leather Soul...). Sometimes, you've got to do what you've got to do.

5. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

I agree, their makeups are very much my style.

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I completely agree. I think Frans Boone has incredible makeups and would pay the additional fees if so warranted.

7. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior member

True indeed. For me, going true to size minus a width was perfect. Just that little bit of heel slip Kathy at DC says will go away after break in. I've seen other advice people swear by. Depends on shape of heel relative to arch I think.

8. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Pics, if you please?

9. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

+1

TTS less half size less one width (for me, a 9.5D to 9C).

10. closerlook

closerlook Senior member

as i suspected then, these are on the plaza, not the grant. still very nice.

edit: ALDEN X FRANSBOONE #8 CORDOVAN BOOT
    € 670.08
    tax free (-21% vat) price (outside EU) € 553.78
    THIS IS IT:

Plaza boots in color #8 horween cordovan, on a commando sole,
    US SHIPPING

TAX OUTSIDE EU INFORMATION

Tags: plaza, shoes, alden, boots, #8, burgundy, horween, leather, commando sole,

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013

11. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

My order status says RELEASED. Based on past experience that means a shipping confirmation will be sent very soon.

12. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

this morning, my fiance commented that i should get some new black boots because my black shell captoes looked a little beat up compared to my #8 plain toe boots. should i use this as an excuse to get a new pair or do i let her in on the fact that a horsehair brush, a little elbow grease, and some reno would do the trick?

13. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

They are definitely darker than my other cigar cordovan from Alden. These pics are pretty old they seem to be getting a little lighter with wear. True color is probably somewhere between the two pictures, not as dark as top pic but a little darker than second pic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I was recently away on an extended vacation but made a couple of orders while I was away. It was nice the other day when I got home and the mailman delivered my backlog of mail that was being held.

[​IMG]
    Getting home to a box from Unionmade or The Shoemart is usually a good thing, but getting a box from both...

[​IMG]
    Let's get the Filson shirt from Unionmade out of the way...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reverse chamois Indy boots from Unionmade, natural CXL longwings and ravello chukkas from The Shoemart.

The chukka boots have been sort of a grail of mine for a while and TSM finally got some in stock in my size so I did not hesitate to pull the trigger. They are absolutely flawless, and even without running the pictures through Instagram like I did, they are are very heavy on the red end of the ravello color spectrum. The color is very similar to my whiskey Indy boots. The longwings were an impulse buy. I had been going back and forth on buying CXL LWBs for months and decided to finally take the plunge. I'm glad I did - I'm wearing them today with some green moleskin trousers and think they look great. I can see me getting a lot of use out of them.

I haven't had a chance to wear the reverse chamois Indy boots yet, other than to try on and sort of break in, but they are very comfortable. I have suede Indys that I think are much more comfy than the CXL ones I used to have or my whiskey shell or #8 Indys, and these reverse chamois ones are almost as comfortable as the suede. Very flexible and considerably more lightweight - as far as Indy boots go anyway.

15. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Whiskey LWB from Alden SF arrived at my place according to delivery notification :) Pictures will be up shortly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.