• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where did you pick these up? After purchase of the cap toe bluchers, I would be eager to also pick up the boot.
the Cigar Captoe on the Grant last with commando sole is an Alden DC makeup

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where did you pick these up? After purchase of the cap toe bluchers, I would be eager to also pick up the boot.

I'd guess Alden DC. I wonder if we'll start to get a drizzle of whiskey now since Alden SF had some whiskey LWBs. Maybe Alden Madison next?

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
List of grant last captoe boots:

The ShoeMart
Grant last, double leather sole, all eyelets, color 8 and black

Alden NYC
Grant last, double leather sole, all eyelets, color 8 and black

Alden DC
Grant last, commando sole, eyelets/speedhooks, color 8, black and cigar

Leffot
Grant last, double waterlock sole, eyelets/speedhooks, ravello

Any others?

Last edited:

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alden DC. It is a regular makeup for them

xr4ti

Reaction score

Fantastic boot - marvelous pickup. Your first? If so, great way to kick off an addiction. Would you mind sharing from where you acquired them?

Thanks for the love. I picked these up via the shoemart. I have been debating for about 2 months whether to get them or not and since nobody else would buy them I finally caved. They are my first pair of grant last and I like them. I am a 10D in Barrie and went for a 10.5 in these, worked out perfect. Breaking them in today and so far so good. By the way your pick on here with color 8 captoe's and french blue rivet chinos is finally what pushed me over the edge to buy, so thanks are in order to you.

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

According to frans boone website (and also based on the chisled look of the toe) the #8 indys are on the plaza last. They also offer a ravello indy on the plaza but only size 12 left....

The above photos appear more Plaza than Grant, IMO.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to frans boone website (and also based on the chisled look of the toe) the #8 indys are on the plaza last. They also offer a ravello indy on the plaza but only size 12 left....
Thanks shaunw, plaza sounds right.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks shaunw, plaza sounds right.

When I first saw the pic I thought it looked quite similar to my JGilbert NST boot on the Plaza.

All makes sense now ...

It's worth repeating, if Alden went to only one last - and it was the Plaza - that would be fine with me. :D

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's worth repeating, if Alden went to only one last - and it was the Plaza - that would be fine with me.
biggrin.gif
+1

ATLVol

Reaction score
Looking for feedback on how much difference there would be from an 11B/D in comparison to an 11.5A/C, particularly for an LHS....thanks!

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for feedback on how much difference there would be from an 11B/D in comparison to an 11.5A/C, particularly for an LHS....thanks!
Not much, but just enough.

I know that doesn't tell you much.

When I was zeroing in on my LHS size I started with 9.5D, too much heel slip.
Next tried 9D. Wasn't sure if I was there, seemed like it could work in the forefoot, but still slipped like flip-flops
9C - Still not tight in the forefoot, but the heelslip was what one would expect from a stiff new loafer.

If you can feasibly try the C, I would try it. Seemed to work out for Doc Alden as well.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow those fransboone ravello indys are nice.. not $760 plus potential import fee nice, but nice nonetheless..

unrelated, but has anyone received shipping confirmation from jcrew after using the 20% coupon from the other night? mine is sitting in limbo on some #8 lwb.. just curious

shaunw

Reaction score
wow those fransboone ravello indys are nice.. not $760 plus potential import fee nice, but nice nonetheless..

unrelated, but has anyone received shipping confirmation from jcrew after using the 20% coupon from the other night? mine is sitting in limbo on some #8 lwb.. just curious

I took the plunge on their cigar plain toe boot a while back. With international shipping, import fees, and the USD/EURO conversion it was was expensive....like embarrased to say how much expensive.......
biggrin.gif
but in the end I got what I wanted so who cares right
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads