• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Came home to these today, color 8 captoe, grant last.

Fantastic boot - marvelous pickup. Your first? If so, great way to kick off an addiction. Would you mind sharing from where you acquired them?

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
color 8 indy grant last

I've never really understood the idea behind the cordovan Indy (a casual work boot in shell cordovan??), but this grant lasted boot makes a great deal of sense to me.
nod[1].gif
Awesome boot!
worship.gif

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've never really understood the idea behind the cordovan Indy (a casual work boot in shell cordovan??), but this grant lasted boot makes a great deal of sense to me. 
nod%5B1%5D.gif
  Awesome boot! :worship:

Another request to find out who sells this makeup?

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nod%5B1%5D.gif
  Awesome boot! :worship:

I used to be confused as well, but cordovan Indy boots are just nicer fashion boots meant to be worn mainly with denim. I generally think other boots worn with denim (chukka, captoe, etc) look "nicer", but if you want a more rugged boot, cordovan Indy boots fir the bill

The grant Indy boots are basically the same boot as the various tanker models without the split toe. In a sleeker lasts than Trubalance (even Barrie), they can be worn with wool pants (as shown).

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received mine recently, half a year after I first had laid my eyes on them. These are stunning in person, can't wait for the proper spring to come to wear them.

Just ordered their last pair yesterday. Can't wait to get them. Glad to hear they look just as good in person
They are very good looking in person. It reached 74 degrees here in sd yesterday, my suede had to come out.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta quote these photos, grant last is amazing. Really should get a pair of the Alden DC captoes but just can't bring myself to spend $700 for Aldens anymore

who is selling these?
really cool

nod%5B1%5D.gif
Awesome boot!
worship.gif

Another request to find out who sells this makeup?
thanks for the kind words gentlemen. these are from frans boone. there is something special about grant lasted boots.

jmemt

Reaction score
I have searched, but I am triple checking just to be sure before I order those #8 captoes. The Grant last runs true to size, correct?

shaunw

Reaction score
thanks for the kind words gentlemen. these are from frans boone. there is something special about grant lasted boots.
According to frans boone website (and also based on the chisled look of the toe) the #8 indys are on the plaza last. They also offer a ravello indy on the plaza but only size 12 left....

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The dark sole and relatively dark shade of ravello makes this one of the dressier Alden shoes I own on the barrie last...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads