1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

I always prefer the double leather sole, especially with shell. However, I suppose it depends how you plan to use them and in which part of our country you live (climate/weather). I suppose it also depends on the immediacy of the itch to possess them. [​IMG]

BTW, I do prefer the closed heel also.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  2. rick

rick Senior member

forgot to quote see below.

3. rick

rick Senior member

you are correct sir, these are better then any pics i've seen, the brass eyelets makes them pop.

4. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

THIS! #4 plaza boot. I don't have an nst boot...
    Fortunately, I have not been bit by the navy blue shell bug. But if alden offered it I'm sure I would play.
    #4 is more red, ravello more caramel
    I would jump on that. I like exposed eyelets. Grant last is great for boots.
    3? Alden wouldn't return your email. They may even keep your deposit.
    I really like those older pictures from aoc. That saddle blucher would be sick.

5. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

Pardon if someone already posted, Leather Soul has restock on cap toe boots in #8.

6. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

If you prefer the NYC version, I would wait for. What's a few months for a boot that you will have for years?

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Maybe I'll check with Alden NYC to see if they can get their hands on a narrow width suede LWB for me.

8. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Alden NYC.

9. jt2gt

jt2gt Senior member

Wow...tough choice...any Indy 8 looks great to me. Favorite boot of mine and gets most compliments. Gook luck picking.

10. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

6 month wait for the color 8 Indy boot in my size... Would like to have these by January... Other option is a black cordovan Indy, which may be prudent given I already have the color 8 tanker. But I really like the close heel and leather sole on the Indy

11. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Good deal. Absolutely.

12. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Unipair has #8 Tanker Barrie double leather soles FYI

13. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

It sounds like you know you prefer the Alden NYC version of the color 8 cordovan Indy. You should get what you want. 2 minutes after you receive the boot, you will not even remember the wait, and you will have what you want. If you get what you don't want, you will always know that.

You are right that it would be "prudent" to get the black cordovan Indy -- again, whichever version you want . . . . . . IN ADDITION to the color 8 version, not instead of. You know that. Don't make anyone here state the obvious.

14. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

True

Beatleguese, Alden NYC doesn't stock C widths in the suede longwings, but you can preorder

Also, they have a pretty good looking navy chromexcel Indy boot in stock. It's on a black cork sole.

15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Yeah that's what I was thinking...if it's on the Barrie I would probably go for a B width. Although who knows how long of a wait that would be. I would think being suede and not shell I might get lucky and won't have to wait too long. Maybe they could add my size to an order that's already confirmed for production.

16. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

great looking gunboats sir. nice combo.

17. Luisesp

Luisesp Member

First wear cordovan #8 PTB, impressed of how versatile this shoe can be.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Congratulations Sir. Wear your PTBs in good health!

19. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

I enjoyed all the banter above regarding "C" widths & "B" widths. I think it's always good to contact retailers about special sizing (meaning something other than a D or E) and let them know that's what you want. Aldens are great shoes, and proper sizing should be at or near the top of the list when we're making an Alden acquisition.

20. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

Finally got my hands on the color 8 cap toe from LS I ordered 19 months ago :p

About to send it out to BNelson for a Vibram Richard half sole on it so I can wear it all year long

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.