1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burton

Burton Distinguished Member

The LWB does not work for me. Kathy and Joe were good enough to hook me up with the captoes on the Aberdeen. These are a perfect fit.

2. azima

azima Well-Known Member

take them so i don't haha

Alden of Carmel has some - i only asked about size 9
    Alden SF had 6.5 left as of Saturday

3. azima

azima Well-Known Member

They look great. If i wore slacks/suits i would be all over the captoes. Lwb go great with my daily jeans.

4. closerlook

closerlook Senior Member

if someone can email me the most recent shoemart seconds list in 9D and 9.5D, please send me a pm.
    thanks

5. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Distinguished Member

NVM. See that they're on the Aberdeen last. Congrats! Those look nice.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013

6. Burton

Burton Distinguished Member

Mr. Six, they are on the Aberdeen last. My fav.

7. Todd V

Todd V Senior Member

Tell me they don't have more of those. :brick:

8. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Distinguished Member

Who makes an Indy on the grant?

9. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

Fantastic silhouette. Grant last looks spectacular. I've yet to try it.

10. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Distinguished Member

11. ElliottPapineau

ElliottPapineau Senior Member

What about natural cxl PTB in size 10D?

12. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Distinguished Member

PSA: J Crew has a 20% off plus free shipping between now and March 2nd. Promotion Code: CYWL4KPFG

I tried it on a pair of Alden color 8 chukkas and they are now going for $520! Wish I had a desire for any of their AVAILABLE Alden offerings! That Ravello would have been sweet for $560!

Good luck...

13. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

Yup. Aldens ringing up. Dangit.

Would've snagged the tobacco now if not for my Epaulet purchase...

14. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Distinguished Member

ugh not sure if I'd wear the #8 lwb on crepe. good price tho

anyone have in the wild pics of these?

if anything, with a resole to leather from b.nelson in the future would still secure the antique welt [​IMG]

15. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Distinguished Member

I'm going in most part by what Nick Horween posted on AAAC which is very little and I have done a lot of research on it, that seems to be the only knowledge base I have found. And I would hope that you PLEASE DO post some pictures for a comparison! The Alden Ravello at first were a disappointment to me. They were almost a perfect match for my walnut chukkas which was not what I was expecting... However after just a short time in the real world with UV the red is really coming out, after a couple of wears they are starting to distinguish themselves: on the right compared to 3 walnut shells on the left:

[​IMG]
    The Dalton to the left has aged beautifully to a perfect walnut color, the strand and Dundee are darker. The Alden Ravello is very new and thanks to Ryanfan I was able to purchase it through Alden NY (Madison). At first I was disappointed, it was almost a perfect match for the walnut chukkas. But in a week and a half time and lots of the "method" has already come out with better red highlights than when new. Time, UV, and finishing processes all come into play. I was afraid that whiskey would be too close of a match, but looks like Ravello is actually closer in my case.

Found a recent picture I took with the C&J for RL Marlow and some other brown shell for comparison. The C&J is between the 744's.Shell Dalton's to the right with what I would consider a true walnut color. Dark brown to the far left.
    [​IMG]

And at the risk of getting shot on this thread here are the 5 AE shell colors without the Alden Ravello which I need to get into a new picture to be included. Could care less, the sound of the bullets going by your head are almost secondary to the flinch you get from the muzzle flash you first see in real life, and I really don't give a damn if it helps someone else out. Bottom left up- #8, Black, walnut, front bottom: dark brown, truffle AKA:cappuccino.

[​IMG]

Uh Oh... The last time you made a statement like that Seven I found myself purchasing the Alden Chukkas in Ravello when you were wearing the whiskey chukkas. Well guess by now I have learned that I might as well just transfer money from my savings to checking because there must be a pair of cigar Alden LWB in my future. And thanks for the heads up! [​IMG]

6th year of preference points in Co. for the chance to get a shot at Royal bull elk (6x6). So I understand what it takes to pull a tag for a unicorn. Fingers crossed! And good hunting....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.