Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gcbrown3

Gcbrown3 Well-Known Member

TSM doesn't do pre-orders, but they are very helpful and will give you an idea of what's coming in and when. Sometimes, the dates that they are given are "Alden Dates" which is a system of counting days, months and years that is very optimistic, seems to be less reliable than the Myan Calendar and, often forgets that months are actually 28-31 days and not 365 days..

2. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

You cannot do it online but if you call the 800 number they will take an "off-line" preorder. I did this with the Ravello Wingtip Boot, but I am still keeping on eye on the website just to be safe.

3. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ravello Chukka

4. warrenjl1

warrenjl1 Senior member

Nice shoes, but way nicer pants. Dang.

In other news, picking up the snuff suede loafers very soon. What belts are you guys wearing with the snuff stuff?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013

5. aneyeforaneye

aneyeforaneye Member

I've always wanted to add a few pairs of Alden after reading so much about it from this thread. Sadly, they do not ship out of US. Besides leathersoul, what other websites can I order from?

6. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I ordered one from Allen Edmunds that matches my Alden Snuff suede short wing tips rather well.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF97642_1_40000000001_-1

It's the Players belt in snuff suede.

7. SargesHeroes

SargesHeroes Member

Hello Alden fans. I am looking into getting some Alden Indy (403) boots and trying to determine the proper size. I am an 8 in Clarks Desert Boots, 8E in most AE shoes, and on the Brannock I am right on the line for 8. A rep at H Stockton who carries Alden shoes recommended 8.5 on the Brannock and that I am wide (E), this was without him being aware of most suggesting a size down of 1/2. I am unsure as to how wide the Indy runs and if I would need an 8D or 8E. The ball of my foot is wide and tapers back to a narrow heel and low instep (one of the reasons I favor boots).

8. imolazhp_ci

imolazhp_ci Senior member

the trubalance last is a wide ass shoe. you're prob fine in a D. and you'll need a 7.5 most likely if you're a true 8.

9. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

If you don't have the option of buying in store, I would recomend getting the Indys from the Shoe Mart. They accept returns. I would recomend trying the D and E, and typically going a half size down works best..

10. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I did the same as well.

I well also keep an eye on the website also.

11. tmw

tmw Senior member

I know that this is for the buy/sell forum but:

1. I am not looking to buy or sell. only to trade
    2. this trade request is really only for the Alden community, outsiders just won't get it..

So.. I have recently been wearing an orthotic in my Alden boots with great success in terms of increased comfort and better fit. This orthotic works well in some boots and not so well in others.
    At the present time I am looking to trade for a larger size in two of my favorite boots:

1. Alden Wingtip boot Plaza last cigar shell cordovan from Leather Soul. I have size 8 and wish to swap for size 8.5. Worn less than 20 times. Mac method.
    2. Alden Wingtip boot Plaza last #8 shell cordovan from J. Gilbert. I have size 8 and wish to swap for size 8.5. Worn less than 15 times. Mac method.

Currently I wear these without an orthotic and they are OK. But would be better for me to have the orthotic with .5 size increase. I have no interest in selling either pair.

thanks
    t

12. imolazhp_ci

imolazhp_ci Senior member

dibs on the cigar LS boots if you decide to sell.

13. tmw

tmw Senior member

I might consider a Rolex 5512 gilt dial with pointed crown guards for trade. Otherwise the same boot in size 8.5 will do.

If I get hit in the head with something heavy and decide to sell, you get first dibs.

cheers
    t

14. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    Looking good in your chukkas

15. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

try Alden-San Francisco, they do ship out of US

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.