1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hkpm

hkpm Senior member

24.95 for 2

2. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

sadly, with my weekend truck, there's no easy way due to pedal placement.

no big deal. shoes are shoes I guess.. no one gets the obsession other than me

3. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

if you need them, I guess grab them. I'm pretty sure nordstrom rack is around $12 regular price.

from JAB, I want to say they were sub $10, but then you're 'forced' to buy within their sale periods

4. ElliottPapineau

ElliottPapineau Senior member

NRO has 40508H. Similar to LS. Moulded Shoe also carries 40508.

5. green garden

green garden Senior member

I wear an 8C in Barrie which fits me really well. In the Leeds, I wear 8.5C. The 8D Leeds has pressure on my pinky toes. The 8.5C on the other hand, just "hugs" the ball area of the foot. So in my experience Barrie is a 1/2 bigger than Leeds. One other thing I would say is that the Leeds has a narrower mid-foot section and heel. When I tie my Barrie, the eyestays almost hit each other, whereas there is room to spare in the Leeds. So I would say the AE1 last may also be a narrower last overall.

So if you're a 9E in the 1 last, a 8.5E Barrie may work (assuming you are not on the narrow side of E in the Leeds).

6. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Great eye RTP, these are those. My enthusiasm got the better of me and I hit these with a brush, deer bone, and some more brushing. Brought out an even better sheen. $650 sounds about right when I tried to get them new. I am very pleased. As always, it's nice to get your input and advice. Much appreciated my friend.

Much appreciated uncle Mac. The world renowned break-in method will most certainly be employed.

7. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Uncle, you know me better than I know myself!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  8. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Nice. :nodding:

9. MrEsco

MrEsco Member

ok, I have a quick question and please don't laugh.....

What is with all the Uncle's and nephew's ? is this just a forum thing or are all of you actually related? [​IMG]

just wondering [​IMG]

10. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

With respect to formality, I respectfully disagree. I own the models in question in color 8 (and also in black shell). To be accurate, i own BB's version of the 9015/9016 (on the Snap last, which Alden likens to the Hampton). While I consider each of them dress shoes, I consider the 9015 (captoe bal, with perf tip) more formal than the 2145 (captoe blucher, with perf tip and medallion toe).

I wear the 9015 for dress purposes. i wear the 2145 for dress purposes and for business casual.
    I wear neither of them casually.

11. sazon

sazon Senior member

Alcibiades: Did the NRO #8 Indy model get a mention yet?

12. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

The blucher version - 2145 - is more dressy than the balmoral model - 9015? And either of them can be successfully worn more casually than business casual?

13. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

No reason to laugh. I asked the same question about two weeks ago. If you search, you will find a fulsome and generous answer.

There is a little eccentricity here, but it is an exceedingly cordial - which is very pleasant for the web -- and incredibly informative forum. Just see yesterday's fascinating explanation of the genesis of goodyear-welting and the evolution of its status.

14. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

As to both opinions expressed here - relative dressiness of 9015 v. 2145 and that neither is a chino shoe - this was always my understanding.

15. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Both are quite lovely shoes. In my humble opinion the balmoral 9015 is better suited for more formal occasions. Have you ever heard it said one should wear bluchers during the day and balmorals at night?

16. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,

good people can agree to disagree

17. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

You are missing my point. As the quote in my post indicated, m question was posed to this thread's esteemed Uncle who opined exactly the opposite of your view and the suggestion of my question.

And as Mac has already expressed, people of goodwill can agree to disagree.

quote name="BeSpiffington" url="/t/85589/the-official-alden-thread/58620#post_6561684"]
    Both are quite lovely shoes. In my humble opinion the balmoral 9015 is better suited for more formal occasions. Have you ever heard it said one should wear bluchers during the day and balmorals at night?[/quote]

18. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

[/quote]Aldenwear, please accept my apologies sir, it was not my intention to intrude on an otherwise interesting conversation.

19. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

They should all be related most of them put up pics
    of non creased cordovan.... How you do it? I crease on first mac maiden....

20. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

No apologies necessary and I am sorry I left that impression.

I was simply surprised by Mac's views on the subject.

uote name="BeSpiffington" url="/t/85589/the-official-alden-thread/58620#post_6561716"]
    [/quote]Aldenwear, please accept my apologies sir, it was not my intention to intrude on an otherwise interesting conversation.[/quote]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.