***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Out of all of the Alden QC issues, these stories anger me the most. Alden couldn't take a hide destined for a color 8 longwing or something and remake your pair?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013

2. borderline

borderline Senior member

Wore this combo today. Notice the lighter color on the edge trim on the toe, this is from abrasion. What is the usual fix for this?

[​IMG]

3. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

Edge dressing.

4. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

Agreed, this sort of thing baffles me.

5. Organika

Organika Senior member

[​IMG]
    Glad to stumble upon this forum, Mac method revived my LWB. Time for some more cordovan.

6. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I hear you. As much as I love their products, the quality of their customer service drives me crazy. Just don't understand why they couldn't do what Alcibiades is suggesting.

7. tmw

tmw Senior member

Hi PD,

First: Those are a magnificent pair of Tankers, wear them in good health. Please don't let that small imperfection get to you. I bought the same pair of shoes from Leffot several years ago, and like your pair, mine also had very similar flaws in the finish. Honestly, after a few months of wearing and using the Mac Method you'll love them even more. I am the proud owner of nine pair of Alden shell boots and my #8 Leffot Tankers remain the most versatile pair I own..
    Enjoy!

tmw

p.s. this does NOT let Alden off the hook for their increasingly sloppy QC. I've been wearing Alden shell since the 70's, and the defects and sloppy manufacturing I've seen over the last 2 years are infuriating.

8. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Gentlemen,

My new Leather Soul 4 eyelet PTB in color 8. Single leather sole feels amazing.

Please excuse my poor iPhone shots, will retake some more soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. DCRoyal

DCRoyal Active Member

May noy be the look you are going for, but I own a few pair of Indy's and my favorite by far are the Tobacco Chamois I picked up from ShoeMart. Has a commando sole and is perfect for NE weather. Does not have contrast stitching, and is darker than the CXL, wouldn't work w brass eyelets etc. but I figured I'd put in a plug.

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me...ld_m_indy_boot_high_top_blucher_workboot.htmlhttp://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me...ld_m_indy_boot_high_top_blucher_workboot.html

10. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

This was a really great boot - they flew off the shelves; in one day and gone almost the very next. I wouldn't plan on a restock of them anytime super soon, inasmuch as Alden's production is usually slower, and Epaulet only recently got the debut line of Innsbruks. I'd anticipate 6-months to next year, if at all. They pretty much run a unique Indy every year, but they AFAIK they don't frequently restock. One run, and gone on most custom makeups.

11. Organika

Organika Senior member

I have not seen any calf Indys in commando recently but, this is one of my favorite Alden boots in a commando sole and seems they have 10.5D, not sure if it is something in your interest.

http://epauletnewyork.com/collectio...paulet-taunton-captoe-boot-burnished-calfskin

12. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

13. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

^^Looking fantastic, sir.

14. what whale

what whale Senior member

Thanks guys! Y'all have been super helpful and I really appreciate the feedback.

Ended up hearing back from Bryan at LS; I got the last pair of Ultimate Indys in Chromexcel in my size! They shipped them out today so I'll be a proud owner (in the flesh) sometime next week. Beyond chuffed.

I'll post some pictures once I have them. Bryan included a complimentary container of Aldens neutral polish -- which was super kind of him. Can't wait!

ww

15. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

How are you liking the Tremont last? They look great. I have the same pair but mine look much lighter. I'm liking your patina. Enjoy them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.