1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

Beautiful Ravello! Hope you had a relaxing Sunday Uncle!

2. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

do you work outdoors or indoors?

3. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

thank you

4. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

5. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Shawn...the Alden's are easy to find in Chicago! Look for the Hancock Building (95+ stories tall) and go to the Delaware St entrance. You can't miss Hanig's Footwear!

Here's a nice article on tracking down some Alden's in Chicago:
    http://m.chicago.racked.com/archive...review-where-to-find-it-in-the-windy-city.php

It would be remiss of me if I didn't mention the Ralph Lauren store just down the way a few blocks on Michigan Ave. Just look for the Mansion next to the Park Hyatt. It's RL's largest store and has a pretty amazing restaurant next to it called...you guessed it RL.

There are Alden's carried by the Brooks Brothers store on N Michigan Ave too.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  6. ReppTiePrepster

As far as graft and corruption within an administration are concerned, the Grant and Harding administrations make the Nixon administration look like choir boys. As for effective leadership, your Carter argument is pretty strong. James Buchanon and Andrew Johnson aren't that far behind.

Sorry to stray, couldn't help myself. [​IMG]

Uncle, you're looking good in your ravello LHS, as usual!

7. ReppTiePrepster

Was curious what y'all thought of the Plaza and Aberdeen lasted NST (shoes). Which do you prefer?

8. Don L

Don L Senior member

I have the boot on Plaza and it is far and away my best fitting boot. I love the shoe on Aberdeen and have both a calf and shell and love the fit and style. Just won a pair in #8 [​IMG]

Don't have a Plaza show but my feeling is that the Plaza and Aberdeen are very close in fit...

9. Rishi Kakar

Rishi Kakar Senior member

Beautiful shoes uncle! wear in good health.

10. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

Very slim pickins. There is a place called Haberdasher - hip men's store that carries a very limited number of Alden shoes in very limited sizes. A shoe store here called Hanigs is supposed to have Aldens, but they have very few styles and a very limited run of sizes. I have found that none of the Brooks Brothers stores have Alden styles except for the Michigan Avenue and Loop stores, and their selection is, again, very slim with very few sizes.

It would be a far better use of your time hitting the architectural boat tour down the Chicago River, walking the lakefront, going to the Shedd Aquarium, the Museum of Natural History, the Art Institute and the modern art museum, all of which are of the best around.

11. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Good stuff tampatravel. I'll bookmark this site and see how things turn out. If all goes well, I hope to purchase my first pair of in-store Alden's. Thanks a lot for going the extra mile and posting a link in addition the the info you provided.

12. REguy

REguy Senior member

I told myself I was done with the pre-order game, but the Leffot tankers called to me. I actually had a pair from their very first batch. Unfortunately, the larger sizes came with black rather than brown soles, so I returned them. After waiting until sometime in 2014, I hope Alden doesn't screw them up again.

I seem to remember getting on a list for a funky sounding pair of LWBs from LS ages ago, but I've completely given up on those. I believe they were #8, Plaza, brown edging, and brass eyelets.

13. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

While Jimi was not among the country's best prez, this comment is unburdened by historical knowledge or perspective.

14. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

Thankfully indoors … but I'm fragile :). I'm a 72° and breezy kinda guy ;)

15. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

I have both and like both. The plaza last is a very pleasing shape. The Aberdeen is more pointed and with the NST stitching, is very unique.

16. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    thank you
    in the carter years-do you know what the prime rate was?

17. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Aberdeen last for the nst

18. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, congratulations!

19. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    thank you

20. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    boots do provide better support and as my grandchildren tell me that you are as old as you feel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.