1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

quick question for you guys - does anyone have any experience with the alden crepe sole on icy sidewalks? I know nothing will save you from a complete sheet of ice, but I've had a lot of trouble wearing the Indy neoprene soles on icy and recently shoveled sidewalks in the winter and was wondering if crepe would be just as good as commando soles for that purpose. If anyone has the Roy boots or similar shoes and wore them in the winter, please comment. thanks!

I've worn the plantation crepe, commando, and the indy soles many times on ice. With respect to traction I'd say the commandos are best, then the plantation crepes, and finally the indy soles. IMHO the plantation crepe soles are best in slush and snow though- the leather on the commando soles can get soaked.....

2. saracen

saracen Well-Known Member

FYI.

DC Alden has started a list for a possible run of Whiskey LWB. Call them up if you want to be added to the list.

3. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

FYI.

DC Alden has started a list for a possible run of Whiskey LWB. Call them up if you want to be added to the list.

What do you think they'd go for?

4. saracen

saracen Well-Known Member

They currently have some cigar lwb (not in my size though) and I think they were around $650, so it should be the same. Actually now that I think about it, they also had some plain toes in whiskey and they were around $650 as well.

5. QTime

QTime Well-Known Member

Hm, some1 rushing to the new Leathersoul Store to pick up a pair of the new limited editions? If yes - shoot me a pm :>>

Simon.

6. Scrounger

Scrounger Senior member

403 update:

On week 15 since original order date with North River Outfitters. Requests for updates get a form letter at this point, so I contacted Alden directly. They confirm an estimated 18-week lead time at this point.

I went a half-size down on my order based on what I thought was a general consensus as to fit, it's dismaying to see recent posts suggesting the Indy is TTS.

7. rick

rick Senior member

403 update:

On week 15 since original order date with North River Outfitters. Requests for updates get a form letter at this point, so I contacted Alden directly. They confirm an estimated 18-week lead time at this point.

I went a half-size down on my order based on what I thought was a general consensus as to fit, it's dismaying to see recent posts suggesting the Indy is TTS.

indy boot is not tts you will be fine with the half size down.

8. justsayno

justsayno Senior member

This is great, i like the suede offerings from Alden. Really would love to see more exciting colors such as blue and dark green!

Alden x LS x Toyo x SE

[​IMG]

9. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

+1. If you're a 9D usually, for instance (don't know what your actual size is), you should buy 8.5D in Trubalance. You're good.

10. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

[​IMG]

cigar lwb 6 months or so excuse the dirty floor again.

11. dmash

dmash Senior member

Do you guys think that Blackbird's short wing blucher (1st pic) would go well with raw denim? or do you think something like the whiskey Epaulet had (2nd pic) would work better? or do you feel that Aldens are a bit formal looking and I should look elsewhere for a wingtip to go with jeans? If so, any recommendations that are on par with Alden quality wise? [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

Do you guys think that Blackbird's short wing blucher (1st pic) would go well with raw denim? or do you think something like the whiskey Epaulet had (2nd pic) would work better? or do you feel that Aldens are a bit formal looking and I should look elsewhere for a wingtip to go with jeans? If so, any recommendations that are on par with Alden quality wise?

take a look a the picture right above your post. I don't think you can do much better than that.

13. Scrounger

Scrounger Senior member

+1. If you're a 9D usually, for instance (don't know what your actual size is), you should buy 8.5D in Trubalance. You're good.

Thanks guys. Normally a 10.5 E so ordered a 10 E. I've found I can wear a variety of lasts from AE and BB so thought it would be worth the gamble.

14. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

Do you guys think that Blackbird's short wing blucher (1st pic) would go well with raw denim? or do you think something like the whiskey Epaulet had (2nd pic) would work better? or do you feel that Aldens are a bit formal looking and I should look elsewhere for a wingtip to go with jeans? If so, any recommendations that are on par with Alden quality wise?

The longwings work well imo. Otherwise I'd take a look at Trickers.

15. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    cigar tassels

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.