***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    for a classy guy your response comes across sarcastic

2. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

I use the Red laces on mine.

3. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

Dont give up. I got my hands on a make-up that I thought I would NEVER own, last spring. If there is something you are really keen on just check the forum DAILY. This group is the top when it comes to Alden and whats available.

4. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

I've got to try the red laces. I think the lavender looks cool.[​IMG]

5. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

I have pretty much stopped asking the BB associates any questions about their shoes. Last time I was in there looking, the SA was just standing there watching me, so in an attempt to be conversational I asked about the process for having a pair resoled (which I already knew the answer to). I was holding a pair of Peal & Co. perforated cap toes which were made by Crockett & Jones based on the nail pattern in the heels. It became apparent that he didn't know that Peal & Co. is a defunct company that only exists as a name owned by Brooks Brothers. He kinda stuttered for a second and said he figured you could send them back to Peal, but he had no idea how to do that. I just smiled and said thanks.

6. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Similarly, Ralph Lauren store associates told me that "We make our cordovan shoes in our own factories" several times when I was first learning about all of this stuff :lol:

7. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior member

Currently in AE i have:

Shell Burgundy Dalton, Brown Malvern, Tan Amok, Grey McTavish, Black Westchester, Black Hale, Black Park Ave,

Tan RL Singleton, Blue Neumok, Red Neumok, Navy Sueded Players, Brown Patriot, Brown Fifth Ave, Dark Brown Williams,

Tan RL Sanderson, Bourbon Neumora, Walnut Grain Park Ave, Chili Lasalle, Tan Elgin, Walnut McAllister, Walnut Strand

So definitely need more shell I think

8. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

this is true, no point in fighting it you won't win.

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I haven't had many shoe conversations with BB staff, but to the credit of the store in downtown Pittsburgh, not only did they know which of their shoes were made by Alden, but they even directed me to a local Alden stockist when they didn't have anything of interest to me in stock. Full points to them.

10. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Agreed I picked up a pair Of ravello chukkas thanks to the guys on this forum. As an aside I email six retailers on a weekly basis looking for new makes ups.

11. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

I definitely didn't mean to be sarcastic Uncle. I was just pointing out that SFTG is very knowledgeable about Alden for BB, considering that he owns many of the Alden for BB shell offerings, and he tends to know the answer to any questions about them posted here. The "Ha" part was in response to his >100% confidence statement.

12. Don L

Don L Senior member

#8 Monks today

[​IMG]

13. Burton

Burton Senior member

I would say don't give up hope, yet. My son sold a rare pair of Adidias on Ebay and the buyer tried to get out of it by saying that he had misidentified them. Ebay, quite suprisingly, took my son's side. If you can prove that the shoes were properly identified you may win. I agree with SFTG, get a statement from Alden or some other independent proof and then point out that you listed them as BB branded Alden shoes.

14. Burton

Burton Senior member

Wore mine yesterday - really great shoes.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013

15. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

Thanks for the advice. I got such an email this morning from Alden. We'll see how it goes. In the future, for Alden for BB or C&J for RL, I'll probably put some sort of disclaimer that there's not branding of the manufacturer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.